Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Honda Fit

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Wow... that is nuts! You sure you didn't exceed the weight limit of that thing?
    Yes, it did. Max payload is ~800lbs. Each case was 4.5 gallons and there were 29 cases. With each gallon at 8.3lbs, I was at 1,083lbs, not including me. Sucker was sagging bad in the back. If I were to do this on a regular basis, air bags would definitely be in order.

mtbr member

Re: Honda Fit

Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    Yes, it did. Max payload is ~800lbs. Each case was 4.5 gallons and there were 29 cases. With each gallon at 8.3lbs, I was at 1,083lbs, not including me. Sucker was sagging bad in the back. If I were to do this on a regular basis, air bags would definitely be in order.
    This was starting to sound like one of those can you figure it out math riddles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Heh.. the one I drove was a Sport. Is there any difference under the hood between the Sport model and the regular? I though it was all trim differences... not unlike my Mk3 GTi 4 cyl.
    There is no power difference between the sport and the base model. I think the sport may have stiffer suspension though. Not the fastest, but faster than my previous car so I am used to it. I am cheap and hate spending money on gas so I would probably drive a fast car slow just to save money.

But honestly, when I want to go fast I get on my mountain bike and ride. Way cheaper to crash my bike than crash my car More exciting too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Honda Fit

I found out I don't need a hitch rack after all. I can fit the Pugsley, the SS, and the road bike in with enough room for a weeks + worth of luggage.Honda Fit-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372308345.978556.jpg

neeeds donation$ for bike
    anyone waiting for the 2014 to come out in the usa? Supposed to be some big improvements on this already awesome car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Not holding my breath. I haven't been really impressed with the specs and now with the change in country of origin, quality control may be an issue?

mtbr member

Honda Fit

Curious....how many of you Fit owners have the extended warranty? I don't...yet. My base model is two years old with 18,000 miles. I'm not sure what to do about that warranty....
    "Geologic time includes now."

Honda Fit

Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    Curious....how many of you Fit owners have the extended warranty? I don't...yet. My base model is two years old with 18,000 miles. I'm not sure what to do about that warranty....
    I got 8yr/80,000mi. I have 2 more yrs and am just over 50,000mi. Haven't needed it really. The car has been mechanically perfect. Still has been nice peace of mind. My mom's car at 60,000mi has needed an engine rebuild and a slew of other work so lemons are out there.

mtbr member
    My wife was hit in out 2012 Fit. It only had 12,000 miles and it's now totaled. It was the other guys fault so now we have to find another car. Darn, I loved that car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    My wife was hit in out 2012 Fit. It only had 12,000 miles and it's now totaled. It was the other guys fault so now we have to find another car. Darn, I loved that car.
    Same story here. After 10 months and 4 thousand miles some idiot totaled our car when it was parked outside our house. He admitted his guilt and his insurance company is paying for it. Adjuster is coming on Monday. I want to get my $18200 back.

I will not be buying another Fit even though it was a blast to drive (stick shift). I notice that Americans are piss on smaller cars when you drive one. Sad but true.

I will be getting Honda CR-V EX.

Pictures.

Honda Fit Photos by pkdpkd | Photobucket
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    Same story here. After 10 months and 4 thousand miles some idiot totaled our car when it was parked outside our house. He admitted his guilt and his insurance company is paying for it. Adjuster is coming on Monday. I want to get my $18200 back.

I will not be buying another Fit even though it was a blast to drive (stick shift). I notice that Americans are piss on smaller cars when you drive one. Sad but true.

I will be getting Honda CR-V EX.

Pictures.

Honda Fit Photos by pkdpkd | Photobucket
    Crazy... we are thinking a CRV-LX, too. I just want something bigger and AWD.

Why are you not getting another Fit?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Crazy... we are thinking a CRV-LX, too. I just want something bigger and AWD.

Why are you not getting another Fit?
    I think Fit is a great car - being from Europe we do not mind driving small cars. However, I noticed Americans do tend road rage when you drive a small car - people do not notice you on the road. We are more concerned about safety than other things. We are going to miss stick shift a lot.

We are getting Honda CR-V EX for $23000 + tax and fees.

We miss AWD a little bit and want to be able to fit two bikes in a car. I did some math and Fit does not save us a lot of money on gas so we thought we might get a bigger car.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    I think Fit is a great car - being from Europe we do not mind driving small cars. However, I noticed Americans do tend road rage when you drive a small car - people do not notice you on the road. We are more concerned about safety than other things. We are going to miss stick shift a lot.

We are getting Honda CR-V EX for $23000 + tax and fees.

We miss AWD a little bit and want to be able to fit two bikes in a car. I did some math and Fit does not save us a lot of money on gas so we thought we might get a bigger car.
    My thoughts exactly. The CRV weighs 1000 lbs more and AWD. LXs go for about $25,000 new here. I wish I could find a EX for $23,000. I'm looking at a Subaru Crosstrek, too.

I could fit two bikes in the FIT with the front wheels off. Did you know the Fit has a faster lane change than a corvette?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    My thoughts exactly. The CRV weighs 1000 lbs more and AWD. LXs go for about $25,000 new here. I wish I could find a EX for $23,000. I'm looking at a Subaru Crosstrek, too.

I could fit two bikes in the FIT with the front wheels off. Did you know the Fit has a faster lane change than a corvette?
    I live in NY so it is easier to find a large volume dealer but COL is higher. I used to have Subaru Outback wagon 2006 and I was not happy with that thing. I do not want to discourage you from buying a Crosstrek. (-; I had no idea about lane change but then again I do not want to feel invisible when driving a FIT. hehe

mtbr member
    I see a WRX in my future.

I drive a 2007 Fit, and my wife drives a 2013 Crosstrek. Love both cars. The Fit is the preferred vehicle when we go downtown, or anywhere we expect difficult parking situations. The Crosstrek gets tabbed for longer trips (more comfortable), longer bike or hiking trips to more remote locations with rough roads (AWD, ground clearance, hitch rack), and most likely winter trips. I NEED to upgrade the stereo on the Crosstrek, though. Much worse sound than the stock stereo on my Fit Sport. Plus, the USB control is something of a joke because the display doesn't scroll so I can read full track titles. Major PITA on audio books that have super long track titles.

The Fit does have a fast lane change. It's very nimble and has nice suspension for a little economy car. I have a Sport MT, and the engine RPM at freeway speeds gives you some nice acceleration for passing on level ground and slight grades. I've only driven it through the Appalachians a couple times so I can't speak much to how much it's got for mountain grades.

mtbr member
    I've got the rubber floor mats and rubber cargo mat if anyone wants them. I also have a 1 1/4" Drawtite hitch. If anyone is interested let me know.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Just bought a 2014 Fit sport MT. Pick it up next Friday. Glad to hear that so many are enjoying their Fits. I loved the test drive I took, seems like a great little(big inside) car!

mtbr member
    I am still in the market for a car in the next few months. I've always had SUVs or a truck(currently). I will be retiring in about 4-5 yrs and ready to downsize. I like the Fit because it's a hatchback. Subaru isn't a big seller in my area. The Honda CRV seems to be a very good vehicle, 2 co-workers own a 2011 The Fit is at the top of my list then followed by a Honda CRV and Jeep Cherokee.

Kawigirl - can't wait for a report on your new Fit.

mtbr member
    I have a 2011 automatic base. It's a good car that cruises well on the highway and is zippy in town. Just yesterday I saw a news clip away safety tests in small cars. The Fit was worst in the head-on left front collision. Just something to think about.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trek7100 View Post

Kawigirl - can't wait for a report on your new Fit.
    I can't wait either!

mtbr member
    I've had both the 2013 CRV and 2012 FIT. I like the CRV better. It has more room and still gets 30+ mileage.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well I just brought home my new Fit! It's about 115km from the dealership, so I got to stretch its cute little legs a bit. Early days yet, so far I am REALLY happy with it. Handles well in crosswinds and through the snowy patches. The fog lights make a great difference with night illumination, too. All I need is a red stripe and it will match my Fatbike:-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I absolutely love my 1st Gen Fit. Great room (for its size), and super utilitarian. When the new 2015's come out, I will have to think about making the trade. 130hp, 6-speed manual. Only hesitance would be it will not be made in Japan.

Kawi - Congrats. Cargo hauling capabilities in this thing is ridiculous. Does well in snow with winter tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yes, winter tyres are a no-brainer. I'm using Michelins X-ice 3's. Too early to say just how good they are.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast