Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Fit

mtbr member
    I got 41 mpg all hwy this weekend and 37 mpg with mixed driving and yes I checked by hand when I filled it up. It was almost exactly what the computer said. Im loving this car. To get good mileage you have to keep it under 70mph.

mtbr member
    I have one also. Just got back from Leadville where my wife was passing SUV's on the jeep trails going to the halfway point during the Silver Rush 50. I have a Saris hitch rack(the one with the big plastic hoops for the wheels) and I love it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have a 2012 Fit Sport I bought brand new in February and I love this car. I get almost 36 mpg and around 39 with straight highway driving. I now need to figure out how I am gonna haul my bike and I think I am going with the hitch. Can anyone give me the hitch model number, where did you get it from and how much. Thanks.
    Scott

mtbr member
    Can I ask you guys how these do in the mountains? I ride in Florida (no worries there) but rock climbing trips usually involve going up the side of a couple, and with 2-4 people in the car plus gear I can't see the little engine doing so hot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougalicious View Post
    Can I ask you guys how these do in the mountains? I ride in Florida (no worries there) but rock climbing trips usually involve going up the side of a couple, and with 2-4 people in the car plus gear I can't see the little engine doing so hot.
    Mine does fine in east coast mountains. Just drop it a gear and keep on moving.

I love my fit. I have a hitch rack.

bee
    peace, love, happiness
    Apr 2008
    I thought the Honda Fit was too low to the ground to add a hitch rack.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post

Nope.

change is good
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveonomo View Post
    I have a 2012 Fit Sport I bought brand new in February and I love this car. I get almost 36 mpg and around 39 with straight highway driving. I now need to figure out how I am gonna haul my bike and I think I am going with the hitch. Can anyone give me the hitch model number, where did you get it from and how much. Thanks.
    Scott
    I have the Hidden Hitch
    http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2010_Honda_Fit.htm

I drove through WV with two passengers averaging eighty mph. In sport mode the tranny doesn't hunt like the Chrysler 200 rental I recently had. It's no Accord V6 but it handles occasional long trips well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for the info. I have decided to haul mine inside, it fits perfect. Not happy about mud and dirt but I have laid down a poncho liner and hopefully that will catch all of it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougalicious View Post
    The Fit uses the same 4-cylinder engine that the Civic and Accord use if that helps. I have a 2011 and love this little car. I average around 33 if I'm a little throttle heavy, 35 mixed and around 38 highway using non-ethanol 87 octane.

It is absolutely amazing how much cargo space this car has! I researched all the similar offerings before I bought the Fit. Hard to argue with Honda quality and, as mentioned, was rated the best value of all cars. I have to agree.

Anyone using a Saris Bones to hang off the rear hatch? I have the base model without the Sport's spoiler.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    If I can put a hitch on my A4 with Sport Package (factory lowered an inch), you could probably dump a Fit two inches and still clear stuff just fine.

There is very little overhang past the rear axle on a Fit.You got clearance for days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just picked up a Civic LX last night and I love it.

I was thinking about the Fit, but just couldn't get over the looks... hideous, no offense.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    The Fit uses the same 4-cylinder engine that the Civic and Accord use
    nah, it's smaller. just go look at specs.

It is absolutely amazing how much cargo space this car has! I researched all the similar offerings before I bought the Fit. Hard to argue with Honda quality and, as mentioned, was rated the best value of all cars. I have to agree.
    glad you like it.
    Anyone using a Saris Bones to hang off the rear hatch? I have the base model without the Sport's spoiler.
    I have used the Bones 2 on my Element and Odyssey. Had to thread it under the spoiler on the Odyssey. It works well. Just have to retighten the straps once everything jiggles around some.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just bought a Drawtite hitch and Highland Wing 2 bike rack for our 2009 Fit Sport. Anyone with experience of this setup?

I have an 07 Fit Sport MT.

DSCN0391

I also have a couple Thule T2's on top right now. I go back and forth between putting the bikes inside and putting them on the roof. depends how much I'm hauling the canoe around, because I don't like swapping rack accessories all the time.

I want to get a hitch rack eventually to make it easier to carry the bikes on multiple vehicles.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Fit is like the Tardis. Just keeps swallowing gear. I managed to bring home a 51in plasma tv upright and still in the box. Store looked at me as if I was insane when he brought it out and looked at the Fit but it went in without a hitch (excuse pun).

Quote Originally Posted by crst4 View Post
    Fit is like the Tardis. Just keeps swallowing gear. I managed to bring home a 51in plasma tv upright and still in the box. Store looked at me as if I was insane when he brought it out and looked at the Fit but it went in without a hitch (excuse pun).
    I put a double-wheeled wheelbarrow in mine once. Employees at Lowes frequently think I'm nuts because of my car

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah, I am amazed at the amount of space in my fit. I haul my bike and all gear inside and my daughter still has her seat in the back and it is not cramped. I love the car, got about 37 mpg on the way to work today.

mtbr member
    I have 5000 miles on my 2012 Fit now. I have checked the mpg every tank. The least Ive gotten is 32 mpg and the most Ive gotten is 42 mpg. I love this car.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a stick shift sport 09, and its a great car. I get 38-40 mpg, it's kinda sporty, I am at 144k and the only problem was the starter around 140k.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Love mine. Thinking about putting some lighter wheels on it and some 205s. Anyone have a Progress sway bar?

mtbr member
    Does anyone have anymore feedback as far as performance in the mountains/hills? Also, any pics with a hitch rack? I'm looking at moving to CO in a few months and want to make sure I'm not suffering with the hill climbs too bad. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    Does anyone have anymore feedback as far as performance in the mountains/hills? Also, any pics with a hitch rack? I'm looking at moving to CO in a few months and want to make sure I'm not suffering with the hill climbs too bad. Thanks!
    I think you should get either a stick shift or an auto version with paddles. I am taking about Honda Fit Sport. I have been reading a lot about Fits since I am trading in my Outback.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

change is good
    Sep 2004
    If I had to travel long distances on four lane highways on a regular basis in the mountains, I would choose a more powerful car. I have taken it on occasional long trips with one through the WV mountains. Maintaining 80mph was achievable but I had to work the engine to do so. My milage according to the computer is 33mpg.

mtbr member
    Thank you guys for the feedback!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast