mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Hayes 7" Brakes wont fit on Yakima Viper QR.

I just up graded my Hayes 6" HFX to Stroker 7" Trails. Now the forks dont fit on my Yakima Viper QR mounts. Oh it kinda fits, but not tight enough!!! Ask me how I know this. Any ideas?

live to ride
    whoa they don't fit on your viper now?? interesting. i'm thinking of getting the stroker trails in 7in up front...if they don't fit on my viper that would suuuuuuuck. could you post a pic of your ride on your viper?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sure, would you also like the one of my bike falling off on the first turn down my street, when the front QR gave way and the bike slammed into the side of my car and hung on by the rear strap.

live to ride
    are you serious?!? that is unreal! i'm going to call yakima to see if there is a solution...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    There is. I stopped by my LBS. There is an adapter you can get. Much like the adapter for a thru axle. No sure how much. Has to be cheaper than body work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    where are they not fitting, what's hitting or preventing the fork from sitting completely down in the mount? I had trouble making my standard 6" Juicy caliper clear the tray on a buddy's car, we just took a pair of vicegrips and bent the side of the tray inward enough to clear the caliper body.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I tried to pound it with a hammer. NO LUCK I'll try the vice grips Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Any one running 8" Hayes Trails with a Yakima Viper QR?

My 7" Trails barely fit now. I wanted to go to an 8" rotor, but dont think they is anyway they will fit. The caliper house touches right up against were the rack rail flares out to a V.

mbtr member
    try flippng the fork 180 degrees when you mount it up. It works with the copperhead.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You'll need the "Riser" Fork Up from Hurricane Components www.hurricanecomponents.com. If you check the site, its the white one. It was made especially for the problem your having.