mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Golf MK6 2.5L Hitch Question

This is a thread about the 2.5L model of the Golf MK6 not the TDI or the GTI...

Has anyone installed a hitch onto the 2.5L Golf without updating the exhaust to the GTI version? I can find all kinds of details about the GTI related hitches, but hardly anything on just a stock 2.5L. I am worried about clearance issues mostly. Did you install a Curt or Drawtite? Lastly what rack did you go with? I am guessing you can only use a top tube rack due to clearance issues. Thank you for any responses.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLSU View Post
    This is a thread about the 2.5L model of the Golf MK6 not the TDI or the GTI...

Has anyone installed a hitch onto the 2.5L Golf without updating the exhaust to the GTI version? I can find all kinds of details about the GTI related hitches, but hardly anything on just a stock 2.5L. I am worried about clearance issues mostly. Did you install a Curt or Drawtite? Lastly what rack did you go with? I am guessing you can only use a top tube rack due to clearance issues. Thank you for any responses.
    Doesn't seem like that oddball of a thing. Shouldn't be a problem to find a hitch receiver for that car.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for the replies everyone on Thursday I am getting a Curt 11000 installed at uhaul. Anyone who is interested I'll post updates after.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I've got a Mk6 Jetta TDI. I'm looking for a 2" so I can get one rack I can use for my car or my SUV. Still haven't found one. Nice that you found what you wanted

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Golf MK6 2.5L Hitch Question

Not gonna find a class III hitch unless you get a custom made one

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved

Monkey Wrench
    Dec 2005
    We put the Curt on my wife's MK6 Golf 2.5 - works just fine with no exhaust mods.

There are no stock 2" hitches for Mk6 or B6 unless you have something custom made. I had a custom 2" on my 2006 Passat wagon, but it was less stable than the Curt 1.25 on my current 2010 Passat wagon. It's getting hard to find hitch builders that will accept the liability of putting 2" hitches on passenger cars... at least here in Colorado.
    Let me fix your bike @ ordinarybicycle.net in Louisville, CO