mtbr member

ford transit connect wagon

I know they are ugly but any one have one as a second car for weekend bike and camping? With the Element in its last year I'm wondering if the Transit wagon could take its place for people looking for something to carry people and gear.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...ing/index.html

mtbr member
    unless you got some extra money kicking around 23k is allot to spend on a "second" vehicle just to drive on camping trips. But they would be a pretty sweet rig for biking and camping..good on gas, and you can store and sleep in it.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS0LUTEric
    unless you got some extra money kicking around 23k is allot to spend on a "second" vehicle just to drive on camping trips. But they would be a pretty sweet rig for biking and camping..good on gas, and you can store and sleep in it.....

I would think about picking up a used one in a few years if nothing better comes on the market. I really think it looks like a gate bike and camp car.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The upcoming C-Max seems much better

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0930
    The upcoming C-Max seems much better

It my look a little nicer. But I don't think its going to have the room inside to put bikes in standing up with the wheels on. The Transit looks much better for a bike hauler to me.

T.W.O.
    I test drive the transit but the car is so plain for the price and the lack of power on the freeway is a big turn off. I'm looking at some EuroVan or the new Nissan comercial van that's a nicer option for similar pricepoint. I just have to somehow justify to my business expense

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Looks like a wannbe double-decker bus....lol
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Digital Toast
    I gave it a look when I was car shopping but ended up going with the Mazda5. Got a screaming deal on a 2010. It'll fit three people, three bikes and all there gear inside the car if needed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The C-Max is more Mazda5 sized.

The Transit Connect is great for what it is- I wish I could justify having one, but I dunno that I'd like to drive it as a daily driver.

I would if it was this one:

This is an older concept, with an '04 Focus RS drivetrain swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQilW1pHpuM

Dirt Junkie
    They are used as taxi\'s in Vegas. They are roomy inside, but not as big as you would think. I would think a couple year old generic mini van would be better for this kind of use.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

another day at the office
    The Transit Connect is intended for commercial use and not a very good choice for weekend car to carry people and gear. The TC is excellent for configuring to a specific purpose, but lacks power and comfort amenities.

As mentioned previously, there are a few other choices that look better than the TC.
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.