mtbr member
    Apr 2011

copperhead tray with disc brakes? edit, there steelheads

im looking for a setup to go onto my honda accord. im looking on craigslist and they have some decent deals on there for complete rack setups for $250. thats with the q towers, crossbars, 2 copperhead trays, fork mounts for the front tires, fairing, and locks on everything. i would have to get new clips though to fit my honda. my question is that i see that yakama does not recomend using the copperhead trays with disc brakes. i have a specialized rockhopper and a myka. has anyone used coperhead trays with disc brakes. i have not seen one in person so i dont know how much clearace is around there.
    thanks

ETA there steelheads and not copperheads. im not for sure what the difference in them is yet. anyone know offhand?
    Last edited by machinehead323; 06-01-2011 at 09:10 PM.

code: mtbr2011
    steelhead is a discontinued rack and it does have issues with disc brakes...depends on the brakes and the fork, but we've seen a lot of issues over the years with steelheads working with larger mtn forks with tabs and disc brakes.

mtbr member
    I just notched out my old tray to accommodate the caliper. I have seen no ill-effects of the altercation.