Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've had a 335i since 2007 and been mountain biking with it all this time - no issues!

It sounds like you didn't get the folding rear seat option? I specifically ordered my car that way so I could put my bike in the back. It fits perfectly.

For those occasions when I do need to bring a second bike, I have the BMW factory rack. It only takes a few minutes to install. If I had to do it again I would probably go the Thule route.

Don't worry about getting dirt/mud all over it. That stuff washes off. Bring a towel with you to line the driver's seat.

mtbr member
    Good pics, thanks!

One last question: Is the install so easy that you only run the rack when you actually need it? In other words, do you put it on before you go for a ride and take it off when you're back home or do you leave it on most of the week/month? I assumed it was a "semi permanent" mount that wasn't designed to be installed and removed on a per-ride basis.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It only takes a few minutes to install/uninstall so I only use it when I need it. If you leave it up there all the time you'll suffer unnecessarily with more wind noise and 3-4mpg less on the highway.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    Good pics, thanks!

One last question: Is the install so easy that you only run the rack when you actually need it? In other words, do you put it on before you go for a ride and take it off when you're back home or do you leave it on most of the week/month? I assumed it was a "semi permanent" mount that wasn't designed to be installed and removed on a per-ride basis.
    I have am '05 330xi with OEM bars and bike rack (the one that requires you to remove the front tire) and I love it! I have hauled around 2 mtb's on a regular basis with no problems. Each foot installs with a single bolt so it takes about 5 minutes to stick it on and go. I take it off when I'm done unless I plan to go somewhere with the bike in the next few days. They would say it isn't designed for repeated install and removal but it's so easy, I don't wee why you wouldn't.

I got a deal on the bars and two bike mounts, but now I have a kayak and can't find kayak mounts anywhere. In hindsight, I'd go with Thule so I can put whatever I want on the rack because of the universal attachments.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just installed the bmw roof rack on the car.

Really nice and stable unit.

BMW 335i integrated roof rack?-img-20130316-00084.jpgBMW 335i integrated roof rack?-img-20130316-00085.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2