mtbr member
    Jul 2010

bike rack for Ford Fiesta 2012

Hi
    I just sold my truck and replaced it with a little Ford Fiesta 4 doors and I need a good bike rack but I dont know anything about it!
    I m not worry about price and I d like to support my LBS but before going there I want to know what you guys use and my best options. I'm looking for something realible with platform if it is possible.( my 3k bike need to be safe!)
    thank you

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It's not a Fiesta, but I also traded a truck in for a B-segment car (I got a Sonic). You'll be amazed by the mileage difference.

I use a 1UP rack and believe they are the best. Get over the cost...once you have it you'll know why they're more $$. LBS don't sell them.

My recommendation is to CAREFULLY review the hitch specs before buying the hitch. Bike racks put a lot more load on the hitch than a trailer would. I had a Draw-Tite hitch originally and that thing bounced so much that it was scary. I replaced it with the Curt brand hitch and all is well now. The receiver on the Curt hitch goes all the way thru so you can push the rack as close to the bumper as the car allows whereas the Draw-Tite received was a blind hole which only allowed the rack to go in ~6". The Curt is also made of thicker material.

I recommend one of these straps...I don't use it for 1 bike, but 2 or 3, it definitely helps.
    Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap - Bike Rack Strap with Cambuckle Curt Accessories and Parts 18050
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bike rack for Ford Fiesta 2012-bike-rack1.jpg  

whatever...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    thanks for all your helpfull informations.
    Got rid of my truck in order to be able to fit kids in the back sits and now looking for a good bike rack . I dont know too much about it . Can I mount a hitch rack on my Fiesta or I need a special bar under neet of the car or something...
    The one you have look nice .
    What s the retail price of it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You'll need a hitch presuming you don't already have one. This one fits a 2013 Fiesta:
    Trailer Hitch by Curt for 2013 Fiesta - C11067

The bike rack in my pic is a 1UP USA rack...you can only buy them online (link below). You buy a single rack, then add-ons for each add'l bike you want to carry. There's a massive thread about 1UP racks for you to read. There are other good racks too, but I think 1UP is the best. You can put as many as 3 bikes behind a Fiesta.

1UPUSA.com :: Bicycle Racks
    whatever...