mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Bike rack for Civic, are Allen sport racks ok?

Does anyone know much about Allen sport racks? I've seem them at Performance and even Wal-Mart. I can't afford a expensive one right now. Since I'm unemployed. I had taken a hiatus from riding and now I'm back into it. It's amazing what you can fit into a trunk of a Honda Civic like my bike but It's getting old taking the wheels off the bike. I'm looking at a Allen Sports MT-2 Folding Two-Bike Carrier for $70 and the other choice is Allen Deluxe Trunk Mounted 3-Bike Carrier $45. I can't afford a Thule nor can I afford to see a expensive bike land on the highway. Any input will be appreciated.

mtbr member
    You can take a look at SportRack A1124XT Backbone 3 Bike Trunk Mount Carrier, that's what I have. Seemed pretty sturdy and it has anti-sway cradle. I was deciding between this and Hollywood Racks E3 Express 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, in the end I went for the SportRack because of the anti-sway. You can take a look here to see how it looked like with two bikes installed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kwxvii View Post
    You can take a look at SportRack A1124XT Backbone 3 Bike Trunk Mount Carrier, that's what I have. Seemed pretty sturdy and it has anti-sway cradle. I was deciding between this and Hollywood Racks E3 Express 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, in the end I went for the SportRack because of the anti-sway. You can take a look here to see how it looked like with two bikes installed.
    Thanks. I looked them up on Amazon $60 for two bike carrier or $70 for a three bike carrier. Sports rack is by Thule?, and I've heard of Hollywood. I just didn't think I could find those brands at this price point. Would you suggest getting a 3 carrier over 2. Right now it's just me but it is only $10 more I'll try my lbs and see what they are going for.
    Last edited by Endoman68; 08-16-2012 at 09:13 PM.