mtbr member

New question here. Best Bike Bag for Air Travel?

I've done a bit of research on bike bags that will stand up to the rigors of air travel and think that the EVOC bike bag looks pretty good:

BIKE TRAVEL BAG - EVOC - SPORTS

It's pretty pricey though & I wondered if there's much else I should be looking at as alternatives?

The bike I'm looking to transport is a medium Yeti SB-66.

Thanks in advance for your input!

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section - Admin/Mods feel free to move as required)
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    Anyone....?
    Ridin' & Diggin'

banned
    Jul 2012
    I like that feature "3 separate compartments for smaller parts "..

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Please post a comment with some insight on the bag if you have bought it.

I am also looking for one myself.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    I got the EVOC bag, my initial impressions are that it is incredibly well made and you can see where the money has gone in the build.

I'm going to use it with a bit of extra packing foam to hopefully keep things safe for my journey.

Will report back again soon.

If you want any specific details or photos then let me know and I'll see if I can provide for you.
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I just returned from a week of travelling with an Evoc case and a Rocky Mountain Slayer. Coming from another decent case (Bike Pro USA) I had high expectations and the Evoc surpassed them all. The case is high quality and works with whatever axle/fork setup you could imagine. I was packing and unpacking the case everyday because of the type of travel we were doing and it became quite easy to tear down and set everything up. Not only did my bike come out of the trip without a travel related scratch, the case looks like brand new.

I also have a couple of Evoc hydration packs (CC 16L and CC 10L) and have been very happy with the design and quality.

With cases the first issue is protecting the bike but a close second is ease of use and adaptability to different bike setups. I personally know of no other case better than the Evoc although there may be some as good.