mtbr member
    Jul 2012

best 4 bike rack?

best 4 bike rack (thats not an arm an a leg) preferably hitch mount

i found this for 114$ on ebay :Advantage SportsRack TiltAWAY 4 Bike Rack SUV

any recomendaions

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    1up

/thread

mtbr member
    If you are going to consistently carry four bikes around, now is not the time to look for something inexpensive. If at all possible look into a roof mount system. Not cheap, but better for numerous bikes imo. One Up is a very good hitch system from what I understand, and both Thule and Yak have decent platform based hitch racks, but trying to do four bikes on a hanging rack system is going to suck. I ride almost every day, and was ok with a trunk mounted Thule raceway just for me. When my wife and her son started coming out with me on the weekends, I purchased three Frontloaders for my car. Granted it looks like a pro roadie team car now, but was worth every penny if transporting is an important part of your riding life.

I'd rather be on my bike
    You are going to suggest a 1UP for someone that doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg, and wants to haul 4 bikes?

Personally, I would scour Craigslist for something used, like a Yakima or Thule. Friend of mine picked up a 2" Yakima rack for $45 on there. Granted, the bikes hang, and it is not a tray system, but still was super cheap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    How about the blue devil racks? Can't find reviews anywhere.