mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Anyone use Amica insurance

I am currently with Geico and realized I could be paying a lot less w Amica. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad with Amica?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I had them for quite awhile but ended up switching for a cheaper rate. They are unique in that there a "co-op" type of company where the customers receive a portion of the profits back in the form of a rebate check every year. JD power has rated them the highest in customer satisfaction for 12 years in a row, so that says something. I found their service to be great, and I had an equal fault accident that they had to pay on. If I didn't get woo'd away by a cheaper rate, I think I would still be with them.

mtbr member
    Service has always been a main factor in my choice well before price. An extra 30-40 each month isnt going to break me.

I have been with Progressive for over 8 years now and have had a multitude of claims ranging from hail to rear end accidents. Everytime I have had to deal with them I have been very impressed.

My advice in choosing an insurance carrier is no matter who you choose, make sure you read and understand not only your coverages but also the policy itself.

AND remember an auto policy will not cover your bikes, so make sure they are covered under your home or renters policy.

Life on a Sandbar
    Quote Originally Posted by zazen View Post
    I had them for quite awhile but ended up switching for a cheaper rate. They are unique in that there a "co-op" type of company where the customers receive a portion of the profits back in the form of a rebate check every year. JD power has rated them the highest in customer satisfaction for 12 years in a row, so that says something. I found their service to be great, and I had an equal fault accident that they had to pay on. If I didn't get woo'd away by a cheaper rate, I think I would still be with them.
    USAA has the same thing; share of profits each year highly dependent on what natural disasters USAA had to cover. Their member savings account, which is non interest bearing and non-taxable is nice. I've been with them for 39 years, and my "savings" account, which can only be retrieved if one drops USAA coverage is up to $26+K.