mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Any Ford Focus owners on here?

Will a 29er fit in the back of a Ford Focus hatchback without too much hassle? I 'm thinking of trading in my Taurus and getting a 2014 Focus. I would also like to get a roof rack but still want to be able to lock my bike inside the car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    No. I have a 2012 hatchback and I've tried. If you take off both wheels and seat it will though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hmmm. Not what I was hoping to hear. May have to rethink things.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    are you sure it won't fit. I have a 2005 focus and the new ones look a little bit bigger. I just lay my back seats down and take the front wheel of my bike and it fits no problem. I definitely prefer to have my bike inside then on a rack.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a 2012 Focus hatchback, and to fit my bike in the back upright, I have to take both wheels off and remove the seat post. This leaves a lot of space to pack other things. I mainly do this for long trips when I don't want to use the roof rack.

If you lay the bike on it's side, you only have to remove the front wheel, but it takes up so much space that it isn't very practical.

FYI, the Honda Fit has much more cargo space than the Focus hatchback. It may be a better choice if you want to store your bike in the car regularly. I was willing to sacrifice this because I like the Focus better overall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Focus EV

I have a focus EV 2014. Thule square bar with 3 bike racks, with latest addition rockymount brassknuckle fat bike. Thumbs up.
    I don't have a 29" to try. If you push all the front seats forward and lean them forward you might. Hotrock 20" does fit on one side down.
    H

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    2014 Focus ST. I use a hitch and a hitch rack, leaves the rear cargo area free for gear. Check out Kurt Hitches and racks.

mtbr member
    I have a 2013 Focus hatchback, love it the titanium with the hp-corners like nothing else under 100k-except the ST of course- but I don't go super fast and don't want to shift for myself all the time. . I just brought my Diamondback axis 27.5 home from Palm Springs in the back of the Focus. I took the front wheel off and with the back seats down...no problem. We actually also made a Costco run since it is 125 miles to the City from Blythe Ca. I am planing on getting a roof top carrier.