mtbr member

Any FIAT 500 owners out there?

I own and sell FIAT 500's and just wondered are there any other owners out there?
    Here's a shot of mine.

Any FIAT 500 owners out there?-img_1947.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Why no Abarth?

mtbr member
    I had my choice of an ABARTH or the 500T(which is basically an ABARTH).
    It just made more since for me on my daily 63 mile commute to go with the 500T. By the way I have 16 ABARTH, and 3 ABARTH Cabrio. they are awesome fun.

mtbr member

I used to sell fiat/Chrysler. They are a blast to drive (abarth especially) yet to try the new turbo. Glad to see bike racks for them. How does it handle with the hitch?

thecentralscrutinizer
    I have wondered what that would look like...
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5, custom build
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    The 500T is turbo charged and has 135 HP instead of the 160 HP on the abarth. Lots of fun to drive and in the T I can still get 41 MPG. one reason I did not get the Abarth(only a biker would say this) I would not have been able to get the receiver hitch on. The way the rear fascia is made and the dual exhaust it would not have worked. The car drives fine loaded with bikes and I absolutely love the car. Nanochief, what dealer were you at? I'm also at a Dodge, Chrysler, Ram, Jeep and FIAT dealer.

mtbr member

I was at a dealership in Mississauga, ontario. Not sure where you're from lol

mtbr member
    I'm at Landers in Benton. Benton Arkansas.

mtbr member
    HA! I came on here to post a thread about the 500.

My wife wants one, and I was wondering if anyone had tried a roof rack? I have a Yakima with the Q towers that I put on my VW rabbit right now, but I'll probably trade it in if we get a 500.

It'll be Abarth, BTW....my wife doesn't know about that part

mtbr member
    The ABARTH is nothing but fun. My only problem with the ABARTH is I can't drive it with out my foot on the floor.
    Awesome car, I sell all over the country if you want a heck of a deal. Fiat Car Dealer - Little Rock, Hot Springs, Conway, AR | Landers Fiat
    I'm working on my manager to get the Thule rack for the 500. Yakima has always been my first choice in racks but as of now they don't have a fit for them. I love the receiver hitches but the roof allows you to carry a lot more.

mtbr member
    I may hit you up if she likes one. We're in the DFW part of Texas, so Hot Springs or Little Rock isn't too far if there is a deal to be had...

I've read that a lot of people take issue with the non telescoping steering wheel thing? How do you feel about the driving position?

mtbr member
    For a compact car, I really like the 500. The electric version is cool too.

mtbr member
    I would agree that there is not much adjustment to the steering wheel. That being said, it's not an issue. I have had absolutely no customers have any issues with it. I actually live in Hot Springs and drive just south of little rock everyday. I love the way this car sits. I have lower back issues and the way these car sit are very easy on the body.

mtbr member
    By he way, yes there is a deal to be had. Check out our inventory online. we are very aggressive.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Trailfreak,

Hi. I live in the UK, but was over in Seattle a few weeks back on business. I was surprised to see so many 500s on the road, although they make perfect sense in the city. Saw a few Smart cars as well.

I also read an interesting article on a long term review of a 500 in Car and Driver - I think the review would have come out better had they tested a more powerful model.

They are selling very well in the UK, but it is a shame you guys don't get the Panda 4X4 models, as they have been selling well for years in the Alps.

Do you know if the Saris Bones RS would fit the 500T? We have a 'family car', but may need a smaller second car and I would want to use it for going to the trails, just they same as I use our station wagon.

mtbr member
    Bumping an old-ish thread, but I got a 500e (The electric one) recently, and added an after-market hitch for a bike rack. The Drawtite 24873 fits it, mostly (had to trim the ends off a couple small bolts). I use the Swagman XC 2bike carrier with it. Works great! Looks kinda funny though, the bikes are longer than the car is wide.

mtbr member
    Glad to see this thread brought back to life. I actually own an abarth now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    how did I miss this thread?