Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2333
    Your Best Friend
    Yep. U lock. It works.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sadly I think my rack with the nice anodized trays has bitten the dust. My dad backed into it while I was parked in their driveway, so it should be replaced by insurance, but since they're powder coating now it won't be quite the same. On the plus side, I like the idea of the notched bars, so I guess it's kind of a wash.

Plus I'm without the rack until insurance gets its act together, which is not cool. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    2011 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nemebean View Post
    Sadly I think my rack with the nice anodized trays has bitten the dust. My dad backed into it while I was parked in their driveway, so it should be replaced by insurance, but since they're powder coating now it won't be quite the same. On the plus side, I like the idea of the notched bars, so I guess it's kind of a wash.

Plus I'm without the rack until insurance gets its act together, which is not cool. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    Which part of the rack got damaged? Specifically, if the tray itself is OK, that can be swapped over to the new rack so you can have the best of both worlds - the notched bars and the anodized tray. I'm pretty sure the trays are simply bolted on and swappable.

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one have that issue. On my add on one of the 2 have that problem. I hardly use the add on but still annoying. I would love to hear if anyone has figured out how to fix it.
    I fixed it. One of the bolts on the hard-to-move bike holding arm was way too overtorqued. It is the bolt in the middle that connects the main arm to the locking short arm, the one missing in this picture. Loosen it a bit and it will work fine. Do not make it too loose or you will end up like the guy who made that pic though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    Which part of the rack got damaged? Specifically, if the tray itself is OK, that can be swapped over to the new rack so you can have the best of both worlds - the notched bars and the anodized tray. I'm pretty sure the trays are simply bolted on and swappable.
    Yeah, that would be ideal. One of the trays is what got hit though, so I'm not sure it's going to be that simple. I'll have to take a closer look when I get the new one.
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

I have a 2Dr Rubicon with the spare on the tailgate. Does anybody have this vehicle set up and do you need the extension option to provide bicycles space between the rack and spare tire? Finally does anyone have a direct phone number to the manufacturer ? The web offers email which I've sent but would like to call as well re backorder timeline .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    There's a phone number on their contact page: +1 608-568-7261

I'd be curious to hear what they say about backorder times. I ordered my replacement rack a little while ago and still haven't heard anything about when I'll be getting it.
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

mtbr member
    I have a factory hitch kit on my JK Rubi. However, I did swap out the original receiver for the longer unit... Hidden Hitch 87424 - Hidden Hitch Class III 2" Receiver Hitch for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec ...which allows me to partially fold up the rack (I have it folded 3/4 of the way up). However, if you are not concerned with the rack being folded up when not in use, the gate will swing fully open with either the extended or OEM receiver.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Phone # is on their site under Contact Us. I recommend using the factory hitch and the extender sold by 1UPUSA. It has been modified to tighten fully. The factory hitch will give you more departure clearance. Even with 35s, I can fold it up fully and still be a couple of inches away from the tire.

mtbr member
    I tried using an anti-wobble extender on my OEM hitch, but just didn't like it. In my neurosis, I viewed it as another point of failure. YVMV.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have taken the 1UPUSA extender + rack on some rough trails that my Subaru or regular SUV would never make. That extender does not budge or loosen. It tightens to the receiver just like the rack itself does. My friend also used a tightening/locking extender he bought online but ended up using the one made by 1UP since his one still wobbled a bit. Even if I still used the NV or T2, I'd use this extender now. Given my paranoia, I still check it often and it has not loosened up. Still, check it all frequently. Every extra piece is a piece to check.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    There's a phone number on their contact page: +1 608-568-7261

I'd be curious to hear what they say about backorder times. I ordered my replacement rack a little while ago and still haven't heard anything about when I'll be getting it.
    I ordered my 1up hitch last Wednesday and it's due for delivery tomorrow. It shipped the day after I ordered it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRT4R View Post
    I ordered my 1up hitch last Wednesday and it's due for delivery tomorrow. It shipped the day after I ordered it.
    Yeah, but the racks are still backordered according to their website. I ordered mine a week or two ago and still haven't heard anything.
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

unrooted
    I emailed 1up this morning about the back-ordered racks and this is what they said:

"They’re currently shipping 3-5 days from the date of the order."

I'm seriously considering get a 1up, I have a small car with good gas mileage and a tacoma. The car has a 1 1/4 and the truck has a 2" receiver. It would sure be nice to have 1 rack for both vehicles. It looks like the 1up 1 1/4" to 2" adapter works well. . .

What locks should I get? The wheel locks look simple, but also look like a great way to destroy my wheels. . .
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah, but the racks are still backordered according to their website. I ordered mine a week or two ago and still haven't heard anything.
    Of course I say that and two hours later I get an email that my order has shipped. It'll be here Friday.

For locks, I think most people are just using u-locks with cables wrapped around the important bits. That's what I do anyway.
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    I'm seriously considering get a 1up, I have a small car with good gas mileage and a tacoma. The car has a 1 1/4 and the truck has a 2" receiver. It would sure be nice to have 1 rack for both vehicles. It looks like the 1up 1 1/4" to 2" adapter works well. . .

What locks should I get? The wheel locks look simple, but also look like a great way to destroy my wheels. . .
    I have the 1 1/4 with 2 inch adapter mounted on my Highlander 2" receiver. Works really well.

I have an old U-lock on the hitch to the 1up. I use a Kryptonite 51 inch x 12 mm chain to lock the frame of the bike to the hitch. A thief could still get my wheels and seat. I ride before work and my car is parked in a suburban office park parking lot during the day, with my bike on the rack. From what I read only a thick chain will deter most bike thieves. Even then the real pros will use a portable angle grinder with a cutoff wheel and be through the chain in a couple of minutes. Since it is a suburban lot, this is probably overkill. I wouldn't park it like this in a major city.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

New Addition

Just purchased another 1UP, a single tray for a newly commissioned hauler.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I will post pics up later, but just installed the 2" 2 bike rack on my 2002 CRV. Top notch, top quality materials and machining. This is a VERY SOLID unit, no questions asked. The hitch inserts far enough to allow the rack to fold up and not contact the spare tire hanging off my tailgate!

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    I have taken the 1UPUSA extender + rack on some rough trails that my Subaru or regular SUV would never make. That extender does not budge or loosen. It tightens to the receiver just like the rack itself does. My friend also used a tightening/locking extender he bought online but ended up using the one made by 1UP since his one still wobbled a bit. Even if I still used the NV or T2, I'd use this extender now. Given my paranoia, I still check it often and it has not loosened up. Still, check it all frequently. Every extra piece is a piece to check.
    Thanks for the pics of the extender installation. I might consider that for my Trooper. It would be nice to get just a bit more clearance from my spare wheel. It folds up fairly snugly in the tilted position. With a bike, I have to nestle my pedal into the wheel, and the pedal usually scratches it. It makes it difficult with a wide platform like a twenty6 Predator.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

V-Shaped Rut
    GT-R with a hitch and bike carrier??! You sir, deserve some kind of award!

Quote Originally Posted by ICONCLS View Post

mtbr member

Did you pick that up recently from CMC?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Did you pick that up recently from CMC?
    Sorry, CMC?

mtbr member
    Anyone know if one can fit a roof-rack model to a hitch by some kind of sorcery?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Anyone know if one can fit a roof-rack model to a hitch by some kind of sorcery?
    Sure, if you weld up a frame to mount it to

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Roller cam? Is it...is it? On a GT-r... Who gives a crap about the rack, let's see the rides! Both of them!

Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast