Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    I just ordered mine today. Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship. I can't wait to stop using the trunk rack on my car. I might actually get some use out of my trunk now that I won't have to take the rack off to get into it.

Those who have ordered from 1up, do they email you with a tracking number when it does ship, or was it just a wait and see, surprised to find it when you got home 1 day kind of thing?
    They sent me a tracking number. I forgot how long it took but it was 1) not that long and 2) longer than I wanted to wait. You'll enjoy using it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edthesped
    Unfortunately our 2000 Odyssey's tranny is crapping out so we're patiently waiting for the 2011's to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmto
    slightly off topic...
    ...seeing that some of the 05's and on also had the same problem I stayed away.
    I have a 2005 - presumably with a somewhat fixed transmission, but not yet the Ridgeline's one (IIRC). I guess I will keep it for another 5 or so years.

New Sienna looks good. But the previous ones have had their fair share of issues.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    We test drove a new Sienna and it is sweet. It has a lot of spunk and it turns on a dime. Consumer reports says it's noisy but we didn't have that experience when we test drove it, but then again we're used to a 10 y/o odyssey that sound almost as bad as my 73 chevy van did when I was younger well, not quite.

I realize this is hijacking the thread a bit, but how do you like the Sienna coming from an Odyssey?

If our choice were between a 2010 Odyssey and a 2011 Sienna we would take the Sienna in a heartbeat, but since the redesigned 2011 Odyssey's should be hitting the show room any time we decided to wait before we jump. Besides, I'm a little PO'ed at Honda over the transmission. They quoted $4750. to repair the tranny in a 10 y/o van that was involved in a class action lawsuit over the exact issue I am experiencing. I've also read that newer Odyssey's burn a bit of oil too, I don't expect to have to add oil to a vehicle between oil changes.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

mtbr member
    Yeah...so about that 1Up USA Quik-Rack...

Anybody find a photo of 1 bike rail folded up vertical against a vehicle? I couldn't find a good view of this. I'm curious what it looks like from behind when folded up and only 1 tray on.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'll try and get a pic today...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Since I kind of hijacked the thread I decided to help look for some pictures... None of these are of my setup, just pictures found online...

More pics here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7794567...7618889046214/
    Last edited by edthesped; 09-08-2010 at 12:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice that's exactly what I needed. Thanks. That is pretty low profile. I hope it doesn't take too long for me to get mine.
    LMB

mtbr member
    I've also read that newer Odyssey's burn a bit of oil too, I don't expect to have to add oil to a vehicle between oil changes.
    No oil burning on my 2005. I drove the new Sienna - and it just does not click with me - and my wife. Will wait on longer term reports if the 2007+ transmission solved the problem they had. Just in case, changing fluid on a regular basis.

It is not a thread hijack - we are discussing a vehicle that carries the rack.

mtbr member
    Drool... nice Knolly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    No oil burning on my 2005. I drove the new Sienna - and it just does not click with me - and my wife. Will wait on longer term reports if the 2007+ transmission solved the problem they had. Just in case, changing fluid on a regular basis.

It is not a thread hijack - we are discussing a vehicle that carries the rack.
    That is a must to be safe. Don't know what your mileage is but based upon history I would do it every 40-50000km or in your case 25-30000 miles

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    I just ordered one. I called them today to ask a question, left a message.

mtbr member
    Tuesday will be 1 week into the wait since I ordered mine. The 2 weeks waiting for it to ship is killing me. I already installed my trailer hitch, so I feel like a dork rolling around with a trunk rack and a clearly visible trailer hitch on my car. I've already been asked at my group rides several times why I have a trailer hitch but using a trunk rack.

It needs to get here already.
    LMB

mtbr member
    It's worth the wait. This rack rocks!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Need yet another rack and am looking at this one too but not sure I can get past the swaying thing....yet. Both my T2s fit really snug in the hitch receiver to begin with. Then when I tighten the bolt, the thing is rock solid with no sway at all. Has anyone figured out a way to stop this rack from swaying?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I believe the 1upusa rack will sway less than your T2. THe base that connects to the main structural member is a lot wider and stiffer than what the T2 does.

Mine does not sway. If I hit a big bump with 4 bikes on, it will do the up-down thing. But sway - no.

J.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Need yet another rack and am looking at this one too but not sure I can get past the swaying thing....yet. Both my T2s fit really snug in the hitch receiver to begin with. Then when I tighten the bolt, the thing is rock solid with no sway at all. Has anyone figured out a way to stop this rack from swaying?
    Did you not see my posts from above? There is no "real" sway at all. A friend has a T-2 and while it's a great rack, there is a bit more slop in the ratcheting mechanism in the arm which holds the front wheel. The 1up's design just doesn't have that kind of slop because it has a different mechanism. To be honest, the sway from a T-2 (as seen from the inside) is probably much worse than from the outside, just like it is on the 1up.

mtbr member
    Good things come to those who wait :-) my new rack is should arrive in 2 daysI ordered it on the 1st day of September
    on a freeride

mtbr member
    Should have arrived today, no, tomorrow. Enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    just an observation/comment. i have a thule t2 and this isnt a thule is better comment. but more of a security issue. do any of you have pictures of your bikes secured? i never leave my bike alone on it but if i feel if i ever do someone will just come take the air out of my wheels and walk off with my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

7th Generation Honda Accord with Quik Rack

Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    Yeah...so about that 1Up USA Quik-Rack...

Anybody find a photo of 1 bike rail folded up vertical against a vehicle? I couldn't find a good view of this. I'm curious what it looks like from behind when folded up and only 1 tray on.
    Wish I could provide a picture of the racked folded vertical against the vehicle...except the rack cannot be folded vertical on my 7th generation Honda Accord (2003-2007).

The bottom of the bumper tucks back in about 3 inches and all the hitches I found lined up with the bumper edge.

Since the Quik Rack has only a 6 inch receiver stem, if it is entered in the hitch correctly, the rack cannot go vertical. It is fine in the other three positions. If it was only about 1.5 to 2 inches longer...(I am sure there is a joke in there somewhere).

I do not believe this will be on issue on most vehicles...just bad luck for me.

Great rack other than that small issue.

mtbr member
    I would appreciate some "secure" photos myself. Cable, lock, u-bolt, whatever has worked for you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57
    I would appreciate some "secure" photos myself. Cable, lock, u-bolt, whatever has worked for you.
    I use a U lock on my Ody. It kind of looks like the picture of the Accord above. I only put it on when I'm parked and it's a bit of a PITA but I feel better when I ride away.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57
    I thought I had a picture of a bike locked up on my rack, but I only have one that shows the lock in it's "undeployed" state:

IMG_0519 by buadyen, on Flickr

Basically, I have a Kryptonite chain and two u-locks. One is a small Kryptonite Evolution lock (it came with the chain) that locks the chain to one of the safety chain hooks on my hitch. Then the other end of the chain wraps around the body of the rack and is locked in place with a bigger u-lock. When I want to lock a bike, I just move the u-lock up and lock it through the rear wheel and triangle and around the seat post. I thread a cable though the front wheel.

For those that wanted to see what the rack looks like folded up, I took some photos last year when I first installed the rack that shows it in the various positions:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7794567...th/3572159600/

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks buadyen, those flickr photos are a good idea.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I use a hardened chain and ABUS lock through the main triangle of my frame. I used to have a Thule rack and I fail to see how it (or any other rack) is more secure? For a 1up rack without a lock, you don't even have to remove air from the tires, just open the rack. For any rack there are security limitations.

As others have said, just make your bike less convenient to take than someone else's. Sucky that it has to be that way but it's true.

Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast