Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2292
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    Someone drove the wrong way down a parking lot and hit my 1up..... I can't even remove the rack right now.
    oh, that sucks!

sorry to see that.

any damage to your car?

is the hitch still usable?

joel

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here's a screenshot of their anti-theft guarantee

Hitch rack is no longer useable AND the security bolt sheared before the expander nut, so it's stuck in the reciever. So, looks like I need to buy a new hitch also

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    This is making me think twice about leaving it on the car. Drivers out here likes to play bumper car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

if I still had a Yakima Holdup, I would see more damage to the car, as the hitch would have tried to twist itself out of the frame rails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hitch rack is no longer useable AND the security bolt sheared before the expander nut, so it's stuck in the reciever. So, looks like I need to buy a new hitch also
    I would double check with 1Up to see if reaching the back of the hitch bolt could release it. From the red area in this pic(luv2mtb).
    But then again, after a hit like that, I m sure a 1.25" hitch is not going to be straight anymore anyway.
    1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-img_0440.jpg

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Here's a screenshot of their anti-theft guarantee

Whomever hit you should pay! Sucks to see that damage though..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Can it still be repaired?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Subyroo651 View Post
    I would double check with 1Up to see if reaching the back of the hitch bolt could release it. From the red area in this pic(luv2mtb).
    But then again, after a hit like that, I m sure a 1.25" hitch is not going to be straight anymore anyway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	807938
    the back of the receiver is closed off. So no can do.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Whomever hit you should pay! Sucks to see that damage though..
    The diner has security cameras. I saw the car that did it (and nearly crashed into a few other cars also). But can't make out the license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by digifun View Post
    Can it still be repaired?
    No.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    the back of the receiver is closed off. So no can do.
    Damn, Yea that's how the original/older versions were. The new ones have that access hole. Sorry to hear about all that

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Damn, Yea that's how the original/older versions were. The new ones have that access hole. Sorry to hear about all that
    i meant the hitch itself.

Trailer Hitches - Hidden Hitch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by digifun View Post
    This is making me think twice about leaving it on the car. Drivers out here likes to play bumper car.
    This is why I always take it off and put it in the trunk when I'm not using it.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    quick disassembly:

the allen key to hold the tray???? I didn't have a mm or standard that fit.

so.... the pivot: 19mm to undo a nut. Then used a old large allen wrench and hammer to extract the threaded rod.

Slide the tray out.

4 bolts on the sides are 14mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Does anyone have a picture of a powder coated silver tray that they can post? I'm curious the difference between the silver anodizing and powder coat.

mtbr member

Re: 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

Quote Originally Posted by idahoakl View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of a powder coated silver tray that they can post? I'm curious the difference between the silver anodizing and powder coat.
    See post #1616 a few pages back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    See post #1616 a few pages back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. I saw that post but didn't look close enough.

Given the fact that the trays are now powder coated which makes the trays different from the rest of the rack I wonder what black trays on a silver rack would look like. Or would it look to much like a Thule rack. Thoughts anyone?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    As having owned both racks, It would look gross.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    One more dumb question. Has anyone had experience with a power tailgate with this rack? I have a Yakima swingdaddy right now and I have a piece of foam on the mast to stop the tailgate from hitting the mast if it accidentally gets opened. I'm not sure if something similar is possible with the 1up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I don't think its likely, since you'll have the bike pedal and handle bars contact before the rack would. With this rack, the first point of contact for the lift gate would be different every time.

mtbr member
    One more dumb question. Has anyone had experience with a power tailgate with this rack? I have a Yakima swingdaddy right now and I have a piece of foam on the mast to stop the tailgate from hitting the mast if it accidentally gets opened. I'm not sure if something similar is possible with the 1up.
    Are you talking about when the bike is on the rack, or when the bike is not on it and the rack is folded up. I actually assume you are talking about the latter. When this rack is folded up, with a double tray, it extends up much less than a dual-tray Yak rack. I got lucky that with my Audi Q7, when I put the rack in to the hitch 1/8" further than the recommended minimum (so MORE than the minimum by 1/8"), I can still open the rear hatch even with the rack folded up vertically. So, depending on your vehicle, you may not have to worry about it at all.
    If it does hit, you would be hitting against the folded arms/bike tray region, so I assume you could wrap some foam around those as you are closing them to then hold the foam in place and provide padding in case you forget.
    What car are you driving?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    Are you talking about when the bike is on the rack, or when the bike is not on it and the rack is folded up. I actually assume you are talking about the latter. When this rack is folded up, with a double tray, it extends up much less than a dual-tray Yak rack. I got lucky that with my Audi Q7, when I put the rack in to the hitch 1/8" further than the recommended minimum (so MORE than the minimum by 1/8"), I can still open the rear hatch even with the rack folded up vertically. So, depending on your vehicle, you may not have to worry about it at all.
    If it does hit, you would be hitting against the folded arms/bike tray region, so I assume you could wrap some foam around those as you are closing them to then hold the foam in place and provide padding in case you forget.
    What car are you driving?
    I have a BMW X3. The hitch I have on it sticks out behind the back of the bumper probably 6 inches, so even on my Yak rack the tailgate hits the mast pretty high up. From what you're saying it sounds like the tailgate would clear a 1up rack when it is folded up but with bikes on it probably won't. Just ordered a double tray this morning so I guess I'll be measuring and figuring out when it gets here.

mtbr member
    I have a BMW X3. The hitch I have on it sticks out behind the back of the bumper probably 6 inches, so even on my Yak rack the tailgate hits the mast pretty high up. From what you're saying it sounds like the tailgate would clear a 1up rack when it is folded up but with bikes on it probably won't. Just ordered a double tray this morning so I guess I'll be measuring and figuring out when it gets here.
    See my post #1575. I measured and marked the minimum insertion (dashed line in my pic). I tested the hatch and found it could open. I then inserted the rack in the hitch further until I found the point of contact. I marked that with the solid line. That way, as long as I am in between the two, I know I am good to go.
    You won't be able to open your hatch with the bikes on, of course, unless you tilt the rack down away from the car. It is designed to do that. It works well with 1 mountain bike on there, but with 2 bikes on it I find it very awkward to then pull it back up to the normal position. Anyway, I think you are less likely to accidentally open the hatch when the bikes are on the rack and am stoked that the hatch opens unobstructed with the rack in place and folded since that would be an easy mistake to make!
    Good luck. Report back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    tilt down the 1up and open the power tailgate. No issues. My Passat wagon has a power tailgate.

On my Yakima holdup, I accidentally did open the tailgate. The bar ends on the bars, scratched up the paint on the tailgate a bit.

mtbr member
    My 1UP got a new ride.

The car not the bike.

My last SUV was silver, now I am wondering if I should have gotten a black rack?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey44 View Post
    My 1UP got a new ride.

The car not the bike.

My last SUV was silver, now I am wondering if I should have gotten a black rack?
    Still looks good as is, Black would look better but then scratches become a new concern. I broke even selling mine, I bet you could get close as well.

mtbr member
    Still looks good as is, Black would look better but then scratches become a new concern. I broke even selling mine, I bet you could get close as well.
    Were you unhappy with it? Did you sell it locally?

Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast