Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2333
    mtbr member
    I'm glad I got the add-on before they made all those changes so it matches the main rack. The rack is great and I love it. I wouldn't switch it for anything else out there right now but I can understand why some would be upset about miss matched pieces.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thinking of ordering this rack...anyone of some pics of one with a spare tire? Thinking I might need the extender hitch...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mpho View Post
    Thinking of ordering this rack...anyone of some pics of one with a spare tire? Thinking I might need the extender hitch...
    There's 67 pages, plenty of info already. Just look.
    See page 43.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have first gen honda crv. It fits.

mtbr member
    My wife has a 2008 Toyota RAV4 and it fits without needing an extender.

beater
    There are a number of variables that might influence this. Choice of pedals, for example. You could measure how far your spare sticks out, but it seems like most of us are getting by without an extender.

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-photo-2.jpg

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-photo-1.jpg
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    What vehicle do you have?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It's just a guess... but I bet any vehicle with a hitch & rear spare tire has already worked this out - I didn't even give it a thought when we rented an RV recently and it all fit just fine!1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-2013-05-02-13.42.39-1024x768-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-2013-05-02-13.42.54.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I have a land cruiser 100 series...spare tire on a swing out...

mtbr member
    May 2011

no need for extender hitch. What vehicle do you have? what bike?
    (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Anyone has any ideas on how to secure the 2nd tray to the 1st tray in addition to the 2 screws?
    I'm seeing a lot of 1up racks around here and seems like it would be pretty easy for someone to steal the additional tray since they already have the allen key...not saying people would actually do that and maybe I"m just paranoid but still. Seems like it would be pretty easy...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have been pondering the same idea. I thought about keeping thieves with pliers at bay but with the actual tool, you'd have to take it a step further.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Somewhere in this thread I saw that someone had drilled a hole through both plates near one of the bolts and fitted a padlock through.... You'd have to really be sure about measuring it all out, but that would be the best option IMHO...YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Anyone has any ideas on how to secure the 2nd tray to the 1st tray in addition to the 2 screws?
    I'm seeing a lot of 1up racks around here and seems like it would be pretty easy for someone to steal the additional tray since they already have the allen key...not saying people would actually do that and maybe I"m just paranoid but still. Seems like it would be pretty easy...
    I suppose you can use a U-lock to connect the two.

RideDirt
    I dunno about you but i dont walk around randomly with an Allen Key in my pocket , and im sure if someone wants to steal something it would be a bike not an " ad on " tray lol . Do you live in the hood or something that your paranoid

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    You do bring up a good point - I've often wondered if I'd come back to my older roof rack and have all the Yak parts taken (they were only big plastic wing nuts to attach). I do know people will take anything if its not nailed down: I have a jeep and you can not leave ANYTHING in that without the roof off... I've heard of guys getting their seats unbolted and ripped off, too at trailheads!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    I dunno about you but i dont walk around randomly with an Allen Key in my pocket , and im sure if someone wants to steal something it would be a bike not an " ad on " tray lol . Do you live in the hood or something that your paranoid
    It wouldn't be that off base to imagine a 1up owner wanting another add-on and not wanting to spend the $200 on one. Especially at a trail head where there may be no-one around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I can't speak for PWU_1 but perhaps a little paranoia can be a good thing. Just the other day came back to the lot after a ride and we come to find out from another rider that his trunk mount rack was just stolen. (This wasn't the hood either, far from it)

Granted, those things are pretty easy to take off, and the 1Up is definitely more difficult. However as an owner with the special tool, you'd have to be a real asshat to go steal someone else's 1Up. Where's the brotherhood?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The thing that I think 1up has working for them is their high price. For the most part, the people who have the 1up racks are people who can afford nice stuff and also like nice stuff and take care of nice stuff and respect others nice stuff. These same people I think are also not of the thieving type (not 100% true I know, but a generalization).

My point is that the type of person who will gladly lay down $300 on a single rack is probably not the same person who would steal others bikes and/or racks.

Isn't 1up's policy that if the rack is stolen then they will give you a new rack? Doesn't this apply to the add-on as well? I think they probably have the same thought process that I do.

I would make a generalization that more than 50% of the bikes that are stolen are stolen by people who do not ride. I would assume that people who ride know how they value their bikes and how upset they would be if their ride was stolen. I could be completely wrong about this, and if so let me know.

So generalizing again for the most part. What you need to worry about is the opportunist thief that see's what they think is a fancy bike and has some bolt cutters in his tool box and he is going to drop the bike off at the nearest pawn shop.

I dropped money on the wheel locks sold through 1up. Although it was pointed out that technically someone can just release the quick release skewers and lift the frame out while leaving the wheels attached to the bike and cutting the chain. The process would be fairly cumbersome (2 person job I'm thinking), time consuming, and would need a decent amount of knowledge about the rack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I was thinking about when my car is parked at the trailhead with my additional tray. Someone else with the 1up could just walk up, unbolt my 2nd tray, walk it back to their car and bolt it to their car and leave. Most likely they would have the Allen key with them and there could be motivation(so they can carry a 2nd or even 3rd bike)
    Not saying other 1up owners would do this, but because the cost of the rack is high and the additional trays are highly modular and it would be so easy and nearly untraceable unless caught in the act I can see that happening(and hey the rack owner is not a victim cuz 1up will replace the rack if stolen right?)
    Befor these racks got popular, it wasn't such an issue but now that they've gotten more popular, I don't really think the special Allen key is an effective anti-theft device any more.
    Other than drilling a hole, I was just wondering out loud whether there was some other way to secure the tray that I haven't thought of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Someone drove the wrong way down a parking lot and hit my 1up..... I can't even remove the rack right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tooclosetosee View Post
    Isn't 1up's policy that if the rack is stolen then they will give you a new rack?
    where did you see that policy?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    We are so confident that our security system will prevent rack theft that if your Quik-Rack is stolen off your vehicle we will replace it for FREE!

1UPUSA.com :: Quik Rack Aluminum

They do not say anything about the rack add-on about whether it is covered as well. Based on my experience with them and what others have said it seems like they will work with you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    where did you see that policy?
    Its on 1up's website where they describe the various different features of the rack. There was something there about 1up replacing your rack if it was ever stolen. Not sure if that text is still there though since the last time I went to the website I just ordered the add-on tray.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    They Mention the Add-on in the line before that, it's most likely covered as well.

Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast