Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566
Results 3,251 to 3,253 of 3253
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 1Up rack isn't perfect but stability/security of the bikes in the rack is not a problem. When I look in the rear view mirror I see no significant movement, whether it's our mtb's with 29x2.3 tires at 20 psi or our road bikes with 700x23 at 100 psi. Thousands of miles of pavement, hundreds of miles of dirt ... they don't move enough to cause problems. That said, I'd still arrange them to keep an inch or two between bikes if you're carrying more than one (i.e. Seat on one, bars on another, etc) in case they move out of sync. Also, I got silver, cheaper and less likely to show scratches. Finally, I also got their locks, but if you have an appropriately sized U lock or even padlock to lock the rack to a tow chain eye on your hitch, you can both secure it against theft and accidental loosening with one device.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-s1up-rack.jpg

I am new to this forum (long time lurker) so this is my first post! I just purchased a 1 up super duty rack. Like most others, I am very happy with this rack, I think it's the best bike rack out there. One thing that really surprised me (in a good way) was that I am actually able to open my tailgate all the way with my bike on the rack!! When I ordered the rack I didn't think I would have that much room but this is really a great feature! Also, (like others) I purchased a small bike cable lock to replace the velcro strap. Seems to do the job for a security deterrent as well as the safety catch. Truly though I can not see this getting loose and sliding off, after snugging up the ball in the receiver this rack doesn't move at all. I'm a very happy customer!!!

Let's build one more
    I pushed the button for a silver super duty and it took all my money
    Ryan McLatchy, you are my hero

"We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566