Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Results 3,051 to 3,087 of 3087
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    I'll tell you what...1UP's website/store has got to be the lamest. I've been trying to order a rack for 2 days and it keeps giving me an error, then I look on my credit card online and see pending orders from them but get no confirmation email or anything.

I went to look at racks today from 2 different bike shops, Saris ones and Yakima ones...if they weren't so lacking in quality, yet more expensive than 1UP, I would just get one of those.
    I'd have tried the phone by now...

mtbr member
    I'll tell you what...1UP's website/store has got to be the lamest. I've been trying to order a rack for 2 days and it keeps giving me an error, then I look on my credit card online and see pending orders from them but get no confirmation email or anything.

I went to look at racks today from 2 different bike shops, Saris ones and Yakima ones...if they weren't so lacking in quality, yet more expensive than 1UP, I would just get one of those.
    Their site could definitely use an update. Maybe BK-XC can hook them up? lol

Just got my roof rack tray from 1up a couple days ago. This thing is nice. Obviously quality crafted. Haven't mounted it yet but I played with the levers and I'm impressed. I'll post pics when I finally get it in use.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post
    I'd have tried the phone by now...
    First thing Monday morning sire, that's sure.
    NTFTC

banned
    Feb 2016
    Or just buy a Kuat from Amazon and move on once you receive it in two days (you would already have received it).

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I had no issue with the site on Wednesday. I called them and they answered all my questions and shipped the next day. It is dated for sure but it was not bad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

That's a bummer. I don't recall anything about my ordering experience, which was about 2 years ago.

This product is one of those quality difference makers that I have encountered--it is that good. I take mine off the car unless I am riding the next day, 5 minutes or less to install or remove. The fold up feature is also easy to use, and mounting the bike is ridiculously easy. I have had a number of people approach me in the lot at the trails and say pretty much the same thing "Is that all you have to do to mount the bike". It is also built like brick ___house.

It is worth getting, get the 2". As other have posted above the modular aspect of one rack ata time with the 2" is ideal. If I need to carry more than 3 I can add a roof rack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfForumsPast View Post
    Or just buy a Kuat from Amazon and move on once you receive it in two days (you would already have received it).
    I don't want a Kuat, thanks though.
    NTFTC

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

It's fine with me that they put all their energy and resources into the product and CS support instead of the website. Gravity Dropper and BBG Bashgaurds are the same way (also small companies that make affordable quality products with websites from 1998).

I have the bike rack and also their stationary trainer. Both incredibly high quality products. They both remind me of just how chincey almost everything else you buy these days is.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just got the 1up 2 bike in black delivered yesterday. I think it is a great looking rack. Hehe unfortunately my truck is in the shop from the wreck to get tailgate fixed and my rental does not have a hitch so I can't test it until Friday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    turtle---figures!!

I've had mine for 5 years or so and have been happy with them. My only issue was losing the key, called them and they sent it to me immediately. I did notice they now have a cargo rack that you can attach 2 of the bike sets on. good option for me during hunting season!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle353 View Post
    I just got the 1up 2 bike in black delivered yesterday. I think it is a great looking rack. Hehe unfortunately my truck is in the shop from the wreck to get tailgate fixed and my rental does not have a hitch so I can't test it until Friday.
    Nice! I'm planning on ordering mine in a few days. I have a white car and have been going back and forth between black or silver.

How many days was shipping to your place?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsmejson View Post
    Nice! I'm planning on ordering mine in a few days. I have a white car and have been going back and forth between black or silver.

It took 3 days to get here. I have a white truck with chrome features and went with black. I was worried the aluminum finish would look off/dull with other chrome. The black looks really good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsmejson View Post

Being that these are made of aluminum, silver won't show scratches and paint chips like black and it's cheaper. Silver is still impressive looking just for the simple fact that you can tell it's all metal.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    " silver won't show scratches and paint chips like black " i have silver and it shows the scratches and paint chips just as much as my buddies black. I think the black looks good, but for the price i couldnt justify it. but i'm kinda cheap and proud of that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The rack is sick and looks great on the truck. It is really nice because folded up it is only like 6-8" off the back bumper. I was planning on moving my truck to the furthest spot in the garage, but now we can walk behind it with the rack on it. I could not do this with the T2 classic and definitely not with the T2 pro.

Quick question and I read a lot and searched but could not find the answer. I locked my fat bike on the rack and when I went to release the red lever it was quite difficult to pull up. When it did release it popped and made a pretty good mark on the aluminum arm. Is there a trick to relieve the pressure? Did I tighten then arm too tight on the tire? It didn't feel that tight but I like my bikes to be tight on the rack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I always push down on the arm at the same time I'm pulling up on the red lever to make it release easier.

Great bike rack. One of my best cycling related purchases ever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    "I always push down on the arm at the same time I'm pulling up on the red lever to make it release easier."
    i was just going to give the same advise, pushing in helps relieve the tension. theres not much of a learning curve with these, but thats one of them!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    ^yes thirding that. I put a lot of pressure on the tire when securing the bicycle (also shorten and lock out the suspension to get it really secure).

When removing the bike, I push the tire arm into the tire at the same time as pulling up on the release lever. Easy peasy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks everyone for the advise! I'll make sure that I do that in n the future!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The only other tip I have is related to loading and unloading a bike. I have the single bike model. What I do when I load my bike is set one of the arms approximately where it would be when the bike is on the rack and open the other arm wide then load the bike from the end. The first arm works like a bike stand, so I don't have to be as concerned about balancing the bike when I move the other arm into place. I just open one arm wide when I unload. Probably wouldn't work with more than one bike due to handlebars and saddles getting in each other's way, but it's made a very convenient rack even more convenient for me with my single bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle353 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advise! I'll make sure that I do that in n the future!
    Yes, everyone is right. Imagine locking the arm MORE, but then lift the release lever while doing so and it will easily release. I hold the release lever up parallel to the toothed rail and it is easy to open the arms without having the level grab again.

mtbr member

1up quick rack roof tray on BMW 135i w/ OEM rails

This rack is legit: 1up quick rack on OEM BMW rails - Album on Imgur

Easy to install, no noise, no play.

Held onto the bike like a boss too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hi Yuppie:

I was wondering if you could let me know how you got the flush mount to work? The T bolt that they supplied just spun around in the slot channel in my BMW OEM rack. I ended up having to use the regular mount, which works fine and is not noisy.

Yak

Quote Originally Posted by yuppie View Post
    This rack is legit: 1up quick rack on OEM BMW rails - Album on Imgur

Easy to install, no noise, no play.

Held onto the bike like a boss too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yakswak View Post
    Hi Yuppie:

I was wondering if you could let me know how you got the flush mount to work? The T bolt that they supplied just spun around in the slot channel in my BMW OEM rack. I ended up having to use the regular mount, which works fine and is not noisy.

Yak
    So, there are T-bolts that are silver and T-sockets that are gold. I have the silver T-bolts in the 1up slot and the T-sockets that are gold in the rails T-bar slot.

I just held the gold T-sockets with my finger inside the rails and tightened it. Then when it was snug, I secured it with the allen.

I can take a couple pics in a minute.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    OK, that makes sense. I actually bought washers that fit in the slot better since there's only a few mm difference between the opening and the T bolt width. Even then, I didn't feel comfortable about the T bolt spinning around and possibly getting loose.

So, there are T-bolts that are silver and T-sockets that are gold. I have the silver T-bolts in the 1up slot and the T-sockets that are gold in the rails T-bar slot.

I just held the gold T-sockets with my finger inside the rails and tightened it. Then when it was snug, I secured it with the allen.

I can take a couple pics in a minute.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yakswak View Post
    OK, that makes sense. I actually bought washers that fit in the slot better since there's only a few mm difference between the opening and the T bolt width. Even then, I didn't feel comfortable about the T bolt spinning around and possibly getting loose.
    and just so I'm more clear, when I say "T bolt" actually mean "T socket" as you stated in your reply! The gold ones...

mtbr member
    1up Quick Rack Roof Tray fastening - Album on Imgur

Yeah, the gold ones do spin inside the rail slots. But, I just held onto them until snug.

I suppose some blue loctite couldn't hurt.

Silver Bolts:

Gold Sockets:

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for the pics. Yeah that gold one is just barely catching the wall there.

1up Quick Rack Roof Tray fastening - Album on Imgur

Yeah, the gold ones do spin inside the rail slots. But, I just held onto them until snug.

I suppose some blue loctite couldn't hurt.

Silver Bolts:

Gold Sockets:

Hi There!
    Got my trailer hitch installed and tested out my new 1Up Quik Rack yesterday...love it. Have a question though about the instructions:

It says "Position the Quik Rack to desired depth, 4" minimum insertion, but no less that 2". Also on their website it has a diagram that looks like it says "4.375 minimum". Can anyone explain all that?

I made a mark that was 4" from the end that goes into the receiver hitch and inserted it to that point. Is that good?

Thanks.
    NTFTC

Your Best Friend
    I have never measured either of my 1up's on any of my cars. I just slide them in until they look ok and then tighten them down.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in South West Utah

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Installed as far as it can go is BEST. Push it in as far as it can go. But then.......

Then test your bike/handlebar clearance. Does it still fit without hitting anything?

Remove the bike and fold the rack vertically. Does it clear the rear OK?

The point at which the handlebars clear, and the rack can be folded up vertically with some clearance, and the rack is installed into the receiver as far as possible, is the right spot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Installed as far as it can go is BEST. Push it in as far as it can go. But then.......

Then test your bike/handlebar clearance. Does it still fit without hitting anything?

Remove the bike and fold the rack vertically. Does it clear the rear OK?

The point at which the handlebars clear, and the rack can be folded up vertically with some clearance, and the rack is installed into the receiver as far as possible, is the right spot.
    There is some requirement for the minimum insertion depth into the receiver, IIRC.

J.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i have a marker on mine for the minimum insertion, looks like 2-2.5".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All fat, all the time.
    Just got back from bike trip vacation last week, used the new rack for about 1500 miles, interstate, gravel, forest roads, shuttling. Had fatty on there and some skinny bikes.
    Performed perfectly!

Hi There!
    Just used my black single 1Up for the first time today...450 miles round trip and it worked perfectly! Is it possible to be in love with a bike rack? I was going to buy one of those $150 tray racks, then I talked myself into the silver 1Up...but that black looked so much better to me. It's awesome so far...
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Just used my black single 1Up for the first time today...450 miles round trip and it worked perfectly! Is it possible to be in love with a bike rack? I was going to buy one of those $150 tray racks, then I talked myself into the silver 1Up...but that black looked so much better to me. It's awesome so far...
    yes, it is possible. it is the hydraulic disc brake or dropper post of bike racks!

Sent with Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Is it possible to be in love with a bike rack?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    yes, it is possible. it is the hydraulic disc brake or dropper post of bike racks!
    Love is the correct word!1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-2016-08-19-10.21.34.jpg

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162