Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2347
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey44 View Post
    Valid point...how about my BMW
    Depends on the model... just like your Nissan. BMW, as well as MB and VW, have assembly plants in the US but I doubt they have enough US content to be classified as domestics.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm torn. Not about whether to get one of these - that's going to happen. No, I'm torn about whether the black version is worth $50. My bike is black, my Jeep is black, and I (obviously) like black. But man, $50 for nothing but a color? I dunno if I can do that.
    2011 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

beater

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

I'd guess the black would show wear faster. FWIW, the raw looks pretty clean.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I'd guess the black would show wear faster. FWIW, the raw looks pretty clean.
    Plus it will show scratches a lot more easily as well. I pondered about dropping extra $100 on my setup, but stoked that I didn't lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

I thought about black for a sec too. Then I figured the silver would stand out better. I want people to see this thing. The last thing I need is some jackass backing into it cuz it blends into my car. The silver looks real nice too. Bling!

mtbr member
    I may have an extra silver one. It seems that 1up actually charged for and shipped me 2 racks; both the 'Single Quik Rack with the AD-ON'.

Hopefully the charge gets reversed quickly but I don't know how they are stopping the shipment. I guess I will just deny the delivery if I'm home when it arrives on Thursday.

Now if any of you are in FTW, TX, stop by tomorrow and help me install my hitch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I thought about black for a sec too. Then I figured the silver would stand out better. I want people to see this thing. The last thing I need is some jackass backing into it cuz it blends into my car. The silver looks real nice too. Bling!
    That was my exact thought. My black car, black bike and black rack would just camo'ed too well. I wanted people to see that I have something sticking out past my rear bumper. Here are a couple pictures of my silver rack

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-img_2056_small_zpsbbc7563b.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2056_small_zpsbbc7563b.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	825813

Last edited by mfan; 08-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah, I've actually considered a lot of these points. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever I get (which also suggests the cheaper option is the way to go), but that isn't going to stop me from agonizing over the decision.
    2011 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Ergon GP2 Grips
    Avid BB7 Brakes

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I know I read somebody mention it somewhere in this thread that they had cut their finger at one point on their 1UP rack. I believe that person sanded down certain edges.

The first day I installed it I had a paper cut like slice, problem is I couldn't pin point where it happened. Today, while installing the rack into the hitch the rack cut me, well more like shaved down my finger pretty bad. I didn't feel it, but as I walked back into the garage the blood started trickling FAST. I could barely remove pressure and take a pic before blood ran down my arm.

I am pretty upset that this thing gashed me so deep, you can see in the pics below this isn't a cut more like it shaved skin and some flesh off clean. Took 1 good hour of serious pressure to stop the bleeding, there isn't anything to stitch really.

I went back outside and looked over the rack REALLY well, and am still unsure as to the cause of this. No rack should under any circumstances have an edge that can do this. I'll contact 1UP later tonight to see what they say. This is probably the 20th time I've installed/removed it between my two vehicles.

Last edited by _Alberto_; 03-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    I know I read somebody mention it somewhere in this thread that they had cut their finger at one point on their 1UP rack. I believe that person sanded down certain edges.

The first day I installed it I had a paper cut like slice, problem is I couldn't pin point where it happened. Today, while installing the rack into the hitch the rack cut me, well more like shaved down my finger pretty bad. I didn't feel it, but as I walked back into the garage the blood started trickling FAST. I could barely remove pressure and take a pic before blood ran down my arm.

I am pretty upset that this thing gashed me so deep, you can see in the pics below this isn't a cut more like it shaved skin and some flesh off clean. Took 1 good hour of serious pressure to stop the bleeding, there isn't anything to stitch really.

I went back outside and looked over the rack REALLY well, and am still unsure as to the cause of this. No rack should under any circumstances have an edge that can do this. I'll contact 1UP later tonight to see what they say. This is probably the 20th time I've installed/removed it between my two vehicles.
    I hope they tell you to be more careful

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwad View Post
    I hope they tell you to be more careful
    ...OR...wear gloves...

That does look painful. My rack will be here tomorrow and if it cuts be, I'm gonna kick it...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    What are you hoping they say???...you don't even know where you cut yourself,so how could 1up possibly help you? Comes across as you're hoping for compensation...
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    [QUOTE=_Alberto_;10235800]I know I read somebody mention it somewhere in this thread that they had cut their finger at one point on their 1UP rack. I believe that person sanded down certain edges.

^^
    Seriously??
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Mine will be delivered today.

I installed my hitch last night. I purchased it from Etrailer for $140 and installed it in 25 minutes. I was impressed as I am not that mechanically inclined.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I am NOT hoping for compensation that is a scumbag motive. That thought never even crossed my mind.

I am 100% sure the rack cut me, what Im unsure of is where on the rack, so I can avoid that edge when handling it in the future. Some of you guys are such 1UP fan boys you failed to see the point in my post. And I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

There has to be an unfinished edge on my rack somewhere, 2 cuts in 1 month is not normal. I'm not bashing 1UP I love the rack, I simply wanted to share. Maybe when you, or your wives end up with a cut finger you will care, until then keep blaming me for handling it as anyone would have.

edit-page 37 someone mentions sharp edges and being careful, then someone chimed in with the possibility of sanding the edge but no follow up post.

Regardless if you think I'm being trivial or not, be careful handling these things. I've emailed 1UP to ask if they have had feedback regarding sharp edges cutting anyone to see what they say. People questioning my character and saying Id post anything like this for compensation are internet warriors who are too critical of things...
    Last edited by _Alberto_; 03-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am NOT hoping for compensation that is a scumbag motive. That thought never even crossed my mind.

I am 100% sure the rack cut me, what Im unsure of is where on the rack, so I can avoid that edge when handling it in the future. Some of you guys are such 1UP fan boys you failed to see the point in my post. And I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

There has to be an unfinished edge on my rack somewhere, 2 cuts in 1 month is not normal. I'm not bashing 1UP I love the rack, I simply wanted to share. Maybe when you, or your wives end up with a cut finger you will care, until then keep blaming me for handling it as anyone would have.

edit-page 37 someone mentions sharp edges and being careful, then someone chimed in with the possibility of sanding the edge but no follow up post.

Regardless if you think I'm being trivial or not, be careful handling these things. I've emailed 1UP to ask if they have had feedback regarding sharp edges cutting anyone to see what they say. People questioning my character and saying Id post anything like this for compensation are internet warriors who are too critical of things...
    If you cut yourself, how isn't that your fault, when hundreds of other users haven't? It would be like someone getting hurt while riding. An injury is possible in almost any context - because it has happened doesn't mean it there is anything wrong apart from bad luck.

LOL, I didn't see your edit but maybe the rest of us are being careful and you're the one catching up. I hope that you figure out how you were getting cut and that you can avoid it in the future. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    There shouldn't be any edges on a bike rack sharp enough to cut anybody handling it. That's where some of us obviously have differing opinions.

You guys think Its my fault; I think this shouldn't be possible. I find it amusing how you guys think because people don't post it that it hasn't happened before this.

1UP was helpful via email.

mtbr member

Re: 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.

There shouldn't be any edges on a bike rack sharp enough to cut anybody handling it. That's where some of us obviously have differing opinions.

You guys think Its my fault; I think this shouldn't be possible. I find it amusing how you guys think because people don't post it that it hasn't happened before this.

I for one agree with you 100%. I look forward to receiving mine on Friday, but wonder whether I need to try to find the cutting edge and sand it prophylactically. I worry a little about my kids around it too.

Did you ever figure out which part cut you? Did 1Up tell you where the most likely culprit is and the best way to sand it? I wouldn't want to ruin the finish needlessly.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'll PM you what 1UP said. All these other clowns who posts negatively towards me sharing an experience can continue their "1UP does no wrong" mentalities.

I have not been the first to email them with this issue though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I was careful with mine when I got it. The aluminum looks well machined and very precise. It appeared to me that so much precision could allow for some sharp edges, though I didn't run across any on mine. Perhaps some finishing processes were not carried out on yours and edges that might have been beveled down a bit were not? Good luck, and it's good to hear 1UP is taking care of you apparently.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I don't think you're the first to have cut yourself on the rack. I know mine has drawn blood because I walked into by accident and it took a bite out of my shin. I just think it's funny you came to complain about it. It's a mechanical device - just by looking at it you should be able to see that there are dozens of places you could pinch or cut a finger. It also starts to get heavy when you start adding extra trays - is it gravity's fault if you stub your toe when you drop it?

I'm glad 1up was helpful. Maybe you should share their input?

Really, I don't like knowing you got hurt and I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else, either. I just think it's funny how upset you are about it. I would've just put a bandaid on it and told myself to be more careful

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sigh

I'm not upset about it. All I wanted to do was share my experience. If I drop anything on my toes, pinch my finger on anything or slip and fall on something wet its MY FAULT. Walking into the rack is much different than what occurred. You cant be so dense people...

I don't see the connection to simply handling a rack like anyone else would and walking away cut from it. I've handled NSR, Allen and even cheap-o racks and never had something be so sharp as to cause a cut from holding it.

Are some of you that critical that you truly don't see the difference in these? Post 1493 sums up my thoughts on the subject best, I wont repeat myself.

I'll keep my experiences to myself and tread lightly among the bad a$$es on this forum. I'll keep laughing when I see you on the trails tits bouncing in your Jerseys, I'll be the guy with the bleeding finger

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sigh

I'm not upset about it. All I wanted to do was share my experience. If I drop anything on my toes, pinch my finger on anything or slip and fall on something wet its MY FAULT. Walking into the rack is much different than what occurred. You cant be so dense people...

I don't see the connection to simply handling a rack like anyone else would and walking away cut from it. I've handled NSR, Allen and even cheap-o racks and never had something be so sharp as to cause a cut from holding it.

Are some of you that critical that you truly don't see the difference in these? Post 1493 sums up my thoughts on the subject best, I wont repeat myself.

I'll keep my experiences to myself and tread lightly among the bad a$$es on this forum. I'll keep laughing when I see you on the trails tits bouncing in your Jerseys, I'll be the guy with the bleeding finger
    Whoa no need to get your feelings all hurt. Arguably, many forum users have used many racks and most of them haven't fallen victim to the sharp edges of their racks, bikes, or the morning paper.

Since you thought it was important to share that you were injured, why not share what 1up said? I want to know if I'm doing something wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'll PM you what 1UP said. All these other clowns who posts negatively towards me sharing an experience can continue their "1UP does no wrong" mentalities.

I have not been the first to email them with this issue though.
    By all means, please share what you found out from 1Up.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Got mine and it didn't even cut me.

Seems like a cool rack, love it so far but then again, I have only loaded and unloaded the bike.

Last edited by Bailey44; 03-14-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast