Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2347
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I just bought the single hitch mount rack with the second bike add-on. This thing is awesome. If you want quality and function and to be able to use your SUV's hatch w/o folding the rack out of the way each time, this is the rack for you. I have had a bunch of racks over the years and this is by far the best in design and quality.

I spend a good amount of money on my bikes and ride a lot so for me I want quality and ease of use. I get both with this rack and I feel the price is a bargain. I don't like having to take the rack off when not in use. This rack folds up out of the way.

One thing I don't see in the posts is about the parts that make up the rack. I am an engineer and a hobbyist welder and metal fabricator so maybe I notice this kind of stuff more than your average joe. Compare the quality of materials and craftsmanship of this rack to anything out there. I know Thule and Yak make good racks. However, they don't make this kind of quality and they definitely don't make a hitch rack that basically disappears until you fold it out to use it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Road,Bikes in Rack

I have not been able to find any comments on how road bikes (700 x 23) do on the 1up rack? Clearly, they do well with mtn bikes with lots of tire rubber.

Are road bikes just as stable in the rack as mtn bikes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFT_PFT View Post
    I have not been able to find any comments on how road bikes (700 x 23) do on the 1up rack? Clearly, they do well with mtn bikes with lots of tire rubber.

Grips the tires the same way...

There's been a few comments here and there in this thread about 700c tires. Search RBR as well for a few comments on the 1UP.

In my personal experience, the road bike swayed more due to less rubber contact, but the bike still isn't going anywhere.
    Current Ride:
    Ibis Mojo SL-R - Medium - South Beach White
    '11 Specialized Roubaix Compact Rival

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Grips the tires the same way...

There's been a few comments here and there in this thread about 700c tires. Search RBR as well for a few comments on the 1UP.

In my personal experience, the road bike swayed more due to less rubber contact, but the bike still isn't going anywhere.
    I couldn't find any specific comments about 700c tires in the rack on Road Bike Review or this thread....

I want to use the rack for both mtn bikes and road bikes on a regular basis. Lots of good feeback and pics with rack and mtn bikes, just curious about how the rack does with 'dainty' road bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

They work fine if not better. The rack will have less up and down movement too since they are considerably lighter.

J.

mtbr member
    I couldn't find any specific comments about 700c tires in the rack on Road Bike Review or this thread....

I want to use the rack for both mtn bikes and road bikes on a regular basis. Lots of good feeback and pics with rack and mtn bikes, just curious about how the rack does with 'dainty' road bikes.
    If you arent in a rush wait til next week. I ordered mine earlier this week and will be delivered next week. Ill throw on my road bike with 700-23 tires

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    We took 4 road bikes on a 2500 mile round trip last year on the 1UpUSA rack. No issues whatsoever. Nothing to worry about. All the bikes had on 700-21 or 23 tires (tubulars).

J.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

I use my 1up to transport both mountain and road bikes and it works fine with either. There is no adjusting needed, just put whatever bike you want on the rack and close the arms.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ive had the opportunity to use the 1up rack for a couple of weeks now and it seems to work well. it literally takes 30 seconds to secure the bike to the car. 30 seconds to take the bike off too. no ned for a bunch of cords or straps. although it is pretty stable, there is some minor side to side movement in the front tire at highway speeds (i can see the handlebars moving in the rearview mirror). very sturdy build on the rack. it makes other racks feel like toys. i have had to retighten the rack in the hitch just a little bit (not even a 1/10 of a turn with the wrench). it never was loose. before this rack, i used the thule raceway trunk rack but that one put dents in the bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-image.jpg  

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-image-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    I've had this rack a month or so now, and love it. Expensive, but worth it.

mtbr member
    I just got my extension to carry a second bike on my Quickrack. It's everything the rack itself is, easy on/off, secure, well made, blah, blah, blah...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

I just ordered one myself.

I got rid of my Yakima Holdup, which works fine for knobby tires (ie my MTB & Cross bike), but the arm does not hold onto my road bike tires too well (700x25c, Conti Grand Prix 4-seasons)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ordered mine yesterday. Got tired of the saris blocking my tag and tail lights. Paid the extra for black b/c my car is black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I drove over 100 miles of rough dirt roads with the rack this weekend and not one problem.
    Plus I don't baby my FJ on the trails. It doesn't look like it but my FJ has over 5k invested in the suspension so it can handle the rough stuff.

The 1up rack is by far the best rack I have ever owned!
    @ Rock dude: nice! Is that a 1 1/4" rack with a 2" adapter or is that a single rack made with a 2" hitch bar?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just got mine. Love it, but what is that velcro strap for?
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    @ Rock dude: nice! Is that a 1 1/4" rack with a 2" adapter or is that a single rack made with a 2" hitch bar?
    It's a single rack made with a 2" hitch bar.

mtbr member
    I just ordered a single add-on for my rack on Sunday, it was already shipped out on Monday.
    Got to love this company!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    Just got mine. Love it, but what is that velcro strap for?
    Extreme paranoia.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrilz View Post
    ive had the opportunity to use the 1up rack for a couple of weeks now and it seems to work well. it literally takes 30 seconds to secure the bike to the car. 30 seconds to take the bike off too. no ned for a bunch of cords or straps. although it is pretty stable, there is some minor side to side movement in the front tire at highway speeds (i can see the handlebars moving in the rearview mirror). very sturdy build on the rack. it makes other racks feel like toys. i have had to retighten the rack in the hitch just a little bit (not even a 1/10 of a turn with the wrench). it never was loose. before this rack, i used the thule raceway trunk rack but that one put dents in the bumper.
    Congrats... nice GT3 in the garage too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Congrats... nice GT3 in the garage too
    Don't forget the GTR in the other garage

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sand wedge View Post
    Don't forget the GTR in the other garage
    Yeah, I noticed that after my post. Would love to see those two dicing up the track against each other...

mtbr member
    Anyone experience a lot of wiggle with a bike in the 1Up rack? I've got the single 1.25" rack, and it seems to move a lot more than I would have thought. The hitch is securely mounted, the rack bolt is tight. Maybe I'm over scrutinizing it, I don't know how much is normal I guess.
    Last edited by rob1035; 11-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I personally think it has a lot of flex/wiggle. Especially with 3 heavier bikes (think Moonlanders and Pugs). I mentioned that previously and even called 1up. They were quick to imply that I over exaggerate and the perceived movement is because it is so far back behind the car. However, I know that you don't perceive extra movement that way, the rack is/should be one with the frame of the car, so it shouldn't seem to move at all really.

That being said, I've hauled 3 heavy bikes all over the country on a 1.25" 1up rack and never had a problem, just some bouncing when you hit odd bumps and dips in the road. They are very confident in the product and will replace it if it failed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1035 View Post
    Anyone experience a lot of wiggle with a bike in the 1Up rack? I've got the single 1.25" rack, and it seems to move a lot more than I would like. The hitch is securely mounted, the rack bolt is tight. Maybe I'm over scrutinizing it, I don't know how much is normal I guess.
    Are you talking about flex from the rack or play in the hitch itself? Unless you make a rack out of concrete I think the rack itself will have some give. A certain amount is healthy, like a tall building swaying in the wind. Kind of creepy but necessary. Mine doesn't seem to be excessive.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    OK, fair enough. It doesn't seem all that excessive, but like you said, its a little creepy.

Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast