mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Spectral tire width

I'm looking at getting a Spectral 9.0 EX in the spring. I'm a big fan of the Rock Shocks and the group set.

The tires on the other hand do really fit riding here in CO ... In my opinion. The High Roller front will get changed right out of the gate to something more agressive like the DHF. The may go as well and be replaced with the Aggessor. The HR and the AG don't seem that different so I may just leave it.

Up front my assumption is that I'll have no issue running a 2.5 DHF or the maximum the*DT SWISS XM 1501 SPLINE ONE can take.

In the rear it's a different story. I haven't had time to call customer service, but I'm wondering what is the widest tire the frame will allow?

Also ..... What is the max width the*DT SWISS XM 1501 SPLINE ONE 30mm rim can handle? One report I read said it could take a 2.8in tire.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I can only comment on the AL version, which came with 2.4 Continental Mountain King II (that are really more like 2.3). I'd guess 2.5ers could fit, but I wouldn't go wider. Official max is 2.4.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Thanks

There is a rumour that a new Spectral could be announced on Monday (12/11). If it goes boost, that would help with those tire numbers.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk