Thread: Canyon Service

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Canyon Service

Most impressed with Canyon Bikes service. Ordered the strive CF Team and it arrived in aus at my doorstep six and half days later and could track it all the way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Its nice to hear positive stories about deliveries. The Spectral 9.0 EX is high on my wish list. The long distance after sales care has me a touched worried. I am in Aus as well and hope to hear some more positive feedback as time goes by.

mtbr member
    The sales are on in AU at the moment. Massive savings.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    The sales are on in AU at the moment. Massive savings.
    Wait a doggone minute! Canyon deliver to Australia but not to the US!?! WTF!?!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Patience...I bought a Strive CF in Europe and await, like you, their US entry. Will need parts someday soon...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Most impressed with Canyon Bikes service. Ordered the strive CF Team and it arrived in aus at my doorstep six and half days later and could track it all the way.
    Yep, very impressed. Ordered on Monday noon, my Canyon Strive arrived in Singapore on Friday 8pm the same week. And customer service replies via email were quick and helpful too. These folks are actually riders themselves too from the way they answered my irritating questions.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Did you guys need to do anything with customs? Mine's stuck in customs with UPS tracking saying "The sender must provide a unique customs identification number so that the package can be cleared." Then UPS contacted me for my info to pay the import tax for when customs releases it. Does Canyon need to provide anything in order for it clear customs? Canyon's emails take like 2-3 days to get returned to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Did you guys need to do anything with customs? Mine's stuck in customs with UPS tracking saying "The sender must provide a unique customs identification number so that the package can be cleared." Then UPS contacted me for my info to pay the import tax for when customs releases it. Does Canyon need to provide anything in order for it clear customs? Canyon's emails take like 2-3 days to get returned to me.
    where are you located?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ivagoc View Post
    where are you located?

South Korea.

mtbr member
    Usually UPS or DHL do the customs clearance themselves for the proper payment of import tarifs and local value added tax. I believe you do not need anything else just pay those tariffs and tax.
    You might need to fill out a kind of import document but if that is the case as said Ups or DHL will let you know and provide guidence. Thats what I believe will happen... All the best and enjoy your new bike!!

mtbr member
    Ordered my Exceed SLX frame set and received it today in Australia after only 4 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I ordered my Strive on February 1st, it arrived in the country on February 6th, and after a little back and forth with customs via UPS, I had it in my hands on February 9th. The bike is awesome. Super impressed. The front brake rotor was unfortunately a tiny bit bent (just enough for it to rub on the pads in parts) and I'm having a hell of a time bending it straight, not sure it's going to happen. I emailed Canyon to see if there's anything they'll do. Outside of that, it's great. Was packed well, they give you a bunch of tools and extra stuff too. Can't wait to take this thing out!

Stucco Bucket
    I had horrible Canyon service trying to get one into Mexico. Literally left me hanging without the proper paperwork to get it out of customs. Paid for delivery but all they did is ship it to airport in Mexico City. 1100 miles away from my shipping address. They quit responding to my emails. I had to do some stuff Im not proud of to get it out of customs.
    Then the real fun started. a T-Shirt with "made in turkey" on the label cost me $112 in customs fees. Plastic water bottle "made in china" $96.
    Canyon better step it up or their US venture will go really bad.
    Ive taken to rebuilding my shapeshifter myself since I know theres no feasible way to get it warranted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I have had nothing but excellent service from Canyon. I live on the opposite side of the globe but deal with Canyon HQ in Germany. If your reading this as a prospective buyer I wouldn't hesitate to buy Canyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    I had horrible Canyon service trying to get one into Mexico. Literally left me hanging without the proper paperwork to get it out of customs. Paid for delivery but all they did is ship it to airport in Mexico City. 1100 miles away from my shipping address. They quit responding to my emails. I had to do some stuff Im not proud of to get it out of customs.
    Then the real fun started. a T-Shirt with "made in turkey" on the label cost me $112 in customs fees. Plastic water bottle "made in china" $96.
    Canyon better step it up or their US venture will go really bad.
    Ive taken to rebuilding my shapeshifter myself since I know theres no feasible way to get it warranted.
    How that happened? I ordered one in 2013 into Mexico and it went well with Canyon and other friends have done the same. I do not live longer in Mexico , but my experience was from the time it was shipped was 2 weeks from Germany to Guadalajara then 2 more weeks for customs clearance made directly by the carrier. Here I want to make clear one thing. The carrier for Mexico is DHL and the service for custom clearance is slow really slow imagen 2 weeks only for clearance is a disaster! So DHL as carrier in that time was not good.
    Here in Europe the carrier is UPS and the service is fantastic! I can tell because I have used both. In the import - export business "logistics" is a deal breaker. Better Canyon think twice which carrier is using in Mexico.