mtbr member

Canyon Lux now for sale in the USA

I see the Lux is now offered for sale in the US. Anyone looking at this bike? Any thoughts on how it compares to similar models from other manufacturers?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_L View Post
    I see the Lux is now offered for sale in the US. Anyone looking at this bike? Any thoughts on how it compares to similar models from other manufacturers?
    I've been waiting for this one to show up. I was initially pretty excited for the top spec model. There are a few things that would keep me away this year, however:
    - RS1 - SID WC or Fox Stepcast preferred. Not interested in selling a fork off a bike I just bought
    - Grip Shift - can be changed, but, again, i'd rather not deal with that
    - 142 rear - if buying new I'd expect the latest standard. the site doesn't say but i've read elsewhere that it's not boost. happy to be corrected if otherwise
    You seem to get a lot for your money. I'm definitely keeping this on my list for the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    - 142 rear - if buying new I'd expect the latest standard. the site doesn't say but i've read elsewhere that it's not boost. happy to be corrected if otherwise
    You seem to get a lot for your money. I'm definitely keeping this on my list for the future.
    I totally agree. If I'm buying a brand new XC bike I want it to have the latest standard which is 148 Boost rear hub spacing. Some of the newer wheelsets being manufactured, like Santa Cruz Reserve, can't even be bought in the old 142 standard.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Oh no! I was excited to see the Lux was available in the US, now I'm bummed. The site does say the fork is boost, so 142/110?? No thanks. That's analogous to buying a 96er or disc forks with 9mm QR. Yuck. Looks like I'm back to talking myself out of an epic.
    At what point did you decide you needed more than 1 gear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ride_bikes View Post
    Oh no! I was excited to see the Lux was available in the US, now I'm bummed. The site does say the fork is boost, so 142/110?? No thanks. That's analogous to buying a 96er or disc forks with 9mm QR. Yuck. Looks like I'm back to talking myself out of an epic.
    I'm going to confirm with them and post my findings. Just to be sure. I don't want to sound the alarm bells or steer anyone away with false information.

The Epic looks sweet as well. It's another one I've got my eye on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    I'm going to confirm with them and post my findings. Just to be sure. I don't want to sound the alarm bells or steer anyone away with false information.

The Epic looks sweet as well. It's another one I've got my eye on.
    Confirmed with Canyon. 142 spacing.