mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Blown away at great Canyon customer service

So I ordered a Canyon Inflite last week and didn't realize that their proprietary handlebars wouldn't work with a normal handlebar Garmin mount. I went on their website and saw that you got a discount if you buy it alongside a bike and they replied with "we just sent you one for free".

Absolutely blown away. Never had a customer service employee just go "oh here's something for free", much less a $40 part shipped for free.

Thumbs up to them.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting this. We are seriously thinking of buying from them, but were worried about what the on-line customer service experience would be like.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I called them before ordering and the rep enthusiastically talked to me about bottom brackets and various options and even considerations I hadnít thought of. Very pleased with the customer service.

Direct to customer bike sales like Canyon and YT are going to change everything.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Seems like their email response time is lacking. I emailed them Monday (on 3rd day) and haven't heard back yet. YT responds within hours.
    That said I did call in to ask questions about a bike and the rep was on top of it and I ended up ordering my bike. Hoping the after sales support is just as good.......but hopefully I won't need it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Email response in New Zealand is a day or two with responses coming from Melbourne, Australia.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Having issue with my new bike....email response is lacking still. Hoping to get this solved quickly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Try calling them. They are great on the phone when I've talked to them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Baird View Post
    Try calling them. They are great on the phone when I've talked to them.
    I did, and while they were polite all that was offered was to wait until my email was answered. They did finally respond almost 5 days later telling me to reach out to KS for support. It's hard to be patient when your new bike sits....lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I bought a Canyon Endurace road bike and will definitely vouch for great service. Talked on the phone first and then bought online. Iím lurking in here cause Iím interested in a Lux but waiting to see if they will roll out a redesign for 2019.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I bought a Canyon Ultimate road bike and got great service too. Oh, and the bike is awesome. Unlike some big brands, they don't skimp on parts they think you won't notice. Everything is top notch quality.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I am a little disappointed, though, that you don't get a choice of stem length on their bikes that come with the one piece stem/bar combo thing. It's like hey, you get to spend $400 right off the bat to get your bike to fit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias530 View Post
    I am a little disappointed, though, that you don't get a choice of stem length on their bikes that come with the one piece stem/bar combo thing. It's like hey, you get to spend $400 right off the bat to get your bike to fit.
    That is pretty dumb. I mean, one piece bar/stem is dumb regardless, but on a complete bike? That's like fixing the seat at one height.