mtbr member
    Oct 2005

XTR Lefty wheels, some pics...

Pics are taken from www.rijwielpaleis.nl. I had not seen much about the new XTR Lefty wheels, so I'll share them.

What about the cool carbon Lefty LO switch? And to top it of some more of the 'Rigid Lefty'.

Jowan
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I love the look of the XTR wheelset, I wonder how much they'll be compared to Mavic SLR's and the age old question of "which one is better?"!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    word goes around that these XTR wheels will be OEM only and will not be for sale on the aftermarket...

mtbr member
    Got my scalpel ordered up and also ordered the XTR wheelset also. Should be no problem getting them from CD.

LA CHÈVRE
    The regular QR XTR wheels are about the same price than the SLRs. They are less stiff than the Mavics.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The regular QR XTR wheels are about the same price than the SLRs. They are less stiff than the Mavics.
    I don't have experience with the newer SL or SLR wheels, but I had an older set of Crossmax wheels (pre-tubeless) and they were so flexy that I could hear the rear rim rubbing the brake pads on every pedal stroke when going uphill!! I was using V-brakes by the way and was 170 lb at the time.

Those XTR should work for light racers only I guess.

Unit 91
    Those XTR wheels look real nice. Supposedly they had to use Saint rotors to complete the package. I guess they couldnt maintain stiffness with the smaller centerlock of a regular XTR rotor.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Those XTR wheels look real nice. Supposedly they had to use Saint rotors to complete the package. I guess they couldnt maintain stiffness with the smaller centerlock of a regular XTR rotor.
    the smaller centerlock doesn´t fit over the bearing, the bearing is to big to use the regular xtr rotors centerlock, thar´s way they use a Saint rotor

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltazar
    the smaller centerlock doesn´t fit over the bearing, the bearing is to big to use the regular xtr rotors centerlock, thar´s way they use a Saint rotor
    And that's a con for that wheelset, you're stuck with that rotor, they should have made it a 6-bolt hub if you ask me.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    And that's a con for that wheelset, you're stuck with that rotor, they should have made it a 6-bolt hub if you ask me.

hehe, yes, but then it wouldn´t be shimano. they take every chance they can to force users to use there products.