mtbr member
    Sep 2007

XT disc on Jekyll swing arm?

I was just given a set of XT disc brakes (BR-M755) and XT disc hub to use on my Super V with Jekyll swing arm. The position of the disc does not line up with the caliper. Do i need to move the caliber closer to the centerline of the bike or should I move the rotor closer to the edge of the bike. In either case what parts do I use? Thank you in advance.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nbarsotti
    I was just given a set of XT disc brakes (BR-M755) and XT disc hub to use on my Super V with Jekyll swing arm. The position of the disc does not line up with the caliper. Do i need to move the caliber closer to the centerline of the bike or should I move the rotor closer to the edge of the bike. In either case what parts do I use? Thank you in advance.
    Bikes of that vintage used Coda discs, which had a 5 ish mm outward caliper bias. You can simply space the caliper in with some fat washers, or if you're lucky, find some 6 bolt rotor spacers, which mounted behind the rotor, against the hub. Magura made them, not sure if others did too. Good luck!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Bikes of that vintage used Coda discs, which had a 5 ish mm outward caliper bias. You can simply space the caliper in with some fat washers, or if you're lucky, find some 6 bolt rotor spacers, which mounted behind the rotor, against the hub. Magura made them, not sure if others did too. Good luck!
    I believe my 2002 Jekyll has that so called 6 bolt rotor spacer behind the Hayes rotor it came stock with. Sounds like the way to go, I would imagine that spacing the rotor would be a better option than spacing the caliper because you would minimize any chance of the caliper moving under load.