mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Would a fork with a 1.5" steerer fit?

I'm looking to turn my F600 into a light duty dirt jumper. Would a fork with a 1.5" steerer fit? I ask because I'm not sure if 1.5" steerer is an actual measurement or an industry buzzword (like 29er).

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Short answer Yes, using the right headset

Long answer:
    Cannondale use a 1.5 compatible headtube on their frames, so using a C'dale Omega headset you can fit Lefty's and Headshok fork(s), these are actually 1.56 in measurement.
    The newer "onepointfive" std headsets can be used on a C'dale headtube to fit the 1.5 steerer forks (which do actually measure 1.5") you see advertised cheap. Also with the correct headset you could use a tapered fork (1.5 bottom, 1 1/8 top) on the C'dale, it just a matter of finding the correct headset.

Now if that wasn't confusing enough you can now get frame (Not c'dale) that use the 44EOS headtube/headset size/std, these aren't as big as the C'dale system but will fit a 1.5 fork (or tapered unit) - you cannot use these headset on C'dales.

Remember you'll also need the correct 1.5 stem too, not C'dale lefty/headshok compatible ones

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Shucks. I was hoping that the "new" 1.5" standard actually followed Cannondale's standard. I suppose I could try and find an older Lefty Jake. That would be ideal plus I have an extra lefty hub already.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    What can you say, C'dale made a std and offered it to everyone (I assume as some other companies make 1.5 headtubes), so what happens... the 'industry' goes and create a slightly different standard.
    Retards.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of tapered forks... WTF!

and Giant can go **** themselves if they ever think I'm buying one of their even stupider Overdrive 2 system frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Heh yeah, everything is special on a Cannondale, or, the industry doesn't like Cannondale. Sometimes I feel like owning a Cannondale seems like I have some kind of Ferrari.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

1.5625 to 1.5 Headset, Possible?

I have an old Delta-V , and i have a RST Deuce with a 1.5 Steerer that i would like to swap out with the blown headshok on my Delta-V. I thought it would be an easy fit but no luck there. The cups on the bike are still good however the bearings are bad and need to be replaced. I don't mind putting a frankenstein headset together just as long as i can get the fork to fit properly. Has anyone tried this kind of set-up? if you did what did you use? Any suggestions or places you can point me to for parts i'd really appreciate it.

Just Ride
    What are some good aftermarket forks with 1.5" steerers? Does Fox even have any, of would one need to go with the tapered tubes and get the adapter headset? New stem, etc...?
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Lots of decent aftermarket forks available in 1.5 and tapered format (both would fit), just look around, any number of Rockshox & Fox < spits > forks are available in all standards. Though sorting out a headet to fit them is the most difficult part, mainly due to all he stupid std's everyone else has brought out, instead of just sticking with the throughly tried and tested C'dale format.
    Mainly it depends on what travel (or axle to crown measurement) your bike is limited to.

I got some 1.5 steerer RS Revelation's on my Prophet, which have now gone on my Gemini (admittely quite short travel for this, but they weigh so little, it's fantastic), as the Prophet's BB need heli-coiling.