mtbr member
    May 2006

will this shock fit my prophet???

hello. I can get a good deal on a Fox Shox Float RP3 7.875 x 2.0, will this shock fit my prophet??? I have a manitou radium RL, can I use the same bushings and bolts with it. thanks.

bernardo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bernardo
    hello. I can get a good deal on a Fox Shox Float RP3 7.875 x 2.0, will this shock fit my prophet??? I have a manitou radium RL, can I use the same bushings and bolts with it. thanks.

bernardo
    The shock and bolts will fit. Don't know about the bushings.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well, yes and no, you can use the bushings if you wanna be cheap by putting paper or something else in there to fill up the .7mm room due to the large eyes. the spacers are pretty cheap though, so i would buy some new ones. the size is right eye to eye, but fox and manitou use different eye sizes 12.0 vs 12.7 i think it is.

but is the deal better than this:
    http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/cat...fc2f5475608c8b

in other news i've tried a rp3 on my prophet and didn't like it too much, while daktari in here has a 23 on his and really like it as far as i know. there are other posts in the cannondale forum that's on the topic.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I was thinking about putting one of those Swingers on my Rush 600, but where can I get bushings that fit? What size do they require. (and yes I am aware that the stroke is a bit longer, but a few on this forum have tried it sucessfully) What is the bolt length and diameter on the Rush. I assume it is the same as on the Prophet, yes or no?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by klinkekule
    well, yes and no, you can use the bushings if you wanna be cheap by putting paper or something else in there to fill up the .7mm room due to the large eyes. the spacers are pretty cheap though, so i would buy some new ones. the size is right eye to eye, but fox and manitou use different eye sizes 12.0 vs 12.7 i think it is.

but is the deal better than this:
    http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/cat...fc2f5475608c8b

in other news i've tried a rp3 on my prophet and didn't like it too much, while daktari in here has a 23 on his and really like it as far as i know. there are other posts in the cannondale forum that's on the topic.
    I just put that Swinger 3 way from Santa Cruz bikes on my Prophet and like it a lot. It made my Lefty FFD seem a little bouncy as I was going down hill. I actually thought I got a flat tire in the back coming down one washboard part. I had a Fox Float R on there before.

I used these bushings
    http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...=Shock%20Parts

Even though I measured with a digital caliper the spacing on the frame like the site says, I think the 36.8 mm was a bit small by a mm. It slipped in real easy, unlike the bushings on my Float R. It was nothing tightening the mount bold didn't fix, but I don't like to put any extra stress on mounts if it's avoidable. If I were to order again, I would order this one:

So total cost was about $170 with tax and shipping for all the parts. It's still better than $250 in the LBS. And, you would still need the bushings.
    Last edited by ziscwg; 08-29-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by klinkekule

Thats right, my 08 RP23 works perfectly. It is factory tuned with max progression and medium rebound, normal air volume. Very plush, no bottoming. Rebound range perfect. The propedal setting is quite firm, so if it is very rocky I ride with it of, also on steep climbs. On fireroads and smoother singeltrack, the "1" setting is good.

Personally, I feel I have a new bike compared to the old Swinger - never got used to it being too soft on climbs or too sticky on flats and downhills. But, it probably depends on what kind of terrain you ride - I have some of the most demanding.

I think next years Prophet with this shock is a nice choice by Cannondale.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    good you're still happy with it daktari ;-) hell, i might even give mine another shot. no not really. i'm happy with the swinger and need the dough. i've found that i like having one setting and not having to change it around. i also think the swinger works well enough for now. hehe.

and in other news, the shock i gave you a link to is a totally wrong size for rush. the rush has shorter eye to eye and stroke so i wouldn't even consider it. it might work, but i'm kinda sceptical (and by the way, the norwegian postal service has totally ruined the word "sceptical" for me - those tossers, fakk em, don't like em). it might work, but i don't think the frame or especially the shock is happy about it in the long run.

the pin is its own standard size for each side of the shock for each frame, meaning the diameter, but not the lenght, is the same. the spacers/bushings (can't remember what's the right term though i believe it's the former so i'm using that one from now on, hehe) would fit dempending on whether you're going from fox to manitou or the other way around, though you preferably need different spacers for the different brands.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    will that santa cruz link manitou swinger work on my prophet 800 without buying new bushings? I have the radium R right now.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    yes. let's hope manitou is compatible with manitou eh. if the ones you have are 12mm they should fit fine

mtbr member
    My ISX4 feels like it's one with the Prophet; whoever recommended it must be a genius...