Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Why is it that I know more about Leftys than...

661 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  direktor 
#1 ·
So my ex firm spring came in sometime during the week, I got the call today (Sunday) that it was waiting, but would have to wait until next Saturday until they could fit it.

They also said they could get me the tech note for it (2005 Lefty Max). I kept trying to make sure they understood it was different from the previous ones, so I need the latest tech note. Anyway, all they could get me was the Max supplement off the web...Cannondale doesn't send tech notes to dealers as they're released.

Anyway, I got home and figured out how to change the spring on my own. It doesn't work at all like the previous Max's, from what I can tell of the old tech note. Suffice to say it involved hidden tiny wrench flats on the rebound assembly shaft.

Why doesn't Cannondale please keep their site or dealers updated? Why after all these years are headshocks and leftys a black art that only a few people in a huge metropolis like LA know?

I'm gonna open my own headshock service center (kidding, I really don't know enough to do that)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.