mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Who owns Cannondale now?

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum,but I'm a long time rider.Currently I have a 2002 Cannondale Super V, which in my humble opinion is one of the best bikes ever made(not to mention,that it's great for a short guy! ;-)
    Anyway, I kinda missed the whole Cannondale motorcycle mess,and last thing I remember was that Joe Montgomery was no longer running the company(yes,I know I'm a little behind the times) Could anybody please enlighten me in what happened? Also, is it me,or ever since then,(2000-2003) the bikes have not only looked,but felt different,which is why I have stuck with my older ride. Opinions?

mtbr member
    May 2007

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Lord - that was so odd, I figured your link was a spoof, and had to go find the article on cannondale's website in a different browser window just to doublecheck.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Lebron is just an investor. Cannondale is chiefly owned by a private equity firm (Pegasus Partners). It's interesting that there's isn't a single publicly-owned bicycle company. Maybe one day Cannondale, Specialized or Trek will have an IPO....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    At one point I though Cannondale stock was traded publicly - it iwas listed under the symbol BIKE on the market - I did a look on NASDAQ.com and it appears they now use BIKEQ - which is trading for the whopping value of $.10.

But I may not understand what I'm reading - I know nothing about the market.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Cannondale WAS publicly traded under the ticker BIKE. However, the company hit a rough patch (when it expanded into motorcycles) and I believed filed for bankruptcy. It was subsequently bought out by Pegasus Partners and is now a privately-held company.

Like catnip for people
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
    At one point I though Cannondale stock was traded publicly - it iwas listed under the symbol BIKE on the market - I did a look on NASDAQ.com and it appears they now use BIKEQ - which is trading for the whopping value of $.10.

But I may not understand what I'm reading - I know nothing about the market.
    Yeah, I had a similar question to this awhile ago.

Apparently the Bikeq stock is only listed on the pinksheets?? (sp?) something pink anyway
    and if you buy into that penny stock you are only buying into the actual debt cdale left behind... That's what I think, anyway...

could be wrong.