mtbr member

Where the heck do I get a Jekyll swingarm?

I made the rounds of the local shops and they all look at me like I've got 2 heads when I ask if they can help me get a late-model Jekyll swingarm. A couple of shops have blown me off like I ride a Schwinn or something, and I haven't seen anything listed on eBay. I am in the process of Uber-ing my SV and haven't had any luck on the swingarm thing. I called C'dale and I couldn't get past the receptionist. She actually said it was impossible to make the swap I was describing. I asked for her e-mail addrress so I could send her one of the UberVee pics and she got all po'd. She refused to connect me with the parts department. Any advice?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    This isn't going to help but I had the same issues trying to get a new swing arm for my prophet Talk about service! I expected more from Cannondale.

mtbr member
    Yeah, it was a long shot that C'dale would sell a swingarm for less that $400 - $500, but it was worth a shot to call 'em and at least talk a little tech for a minute or two. the secretary wouldn't even connect me to parts!

LA CHÈVRE
    Cannondale prefer you deal with them through an authorized dealer so maybe she just couldn't get you to the parts dept. A good shop usually have no trouble getting a fast response from Cannondale. The key here is 'good shop', they seem hard to find nowadays.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Well, I had stopped by the local dealer but he hadn't called me to quote a $ on the swingarm so I thought I'd give 'em a call. Sec coulda said "you haveta call an auth dlr" but instead she argued with me that the mod couldn't be done. Maybe it was my southern accent?

mtbr member
    i think i watched 4 or 5 on ebay before i got one from a fellow mtbr member. they're out there.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by heartfixer
    Well, I had stopped by the local dealer but he hadn't called me to quote a $ on the swingarm so I thought I'd give 'em a call. Sec coulda said "you haveta call an auth dlr" but instead she argued with me that the mod couldn't be done. Maybe it was my southern accent?

check your PM's......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    The swingarm is no longer being made (according to C'Dale ) .
    I got that reply when I inquired about replacing my bent one off
    of my /01 Jekyll .
    It was a bad/good situation for me as it got me a new Rush frame
    under the Lifetime warranty .

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Here's one on Ebay UK - looks like it's going cheap - one day left.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cannondale-Jek...QQcmdZViewItem

Says post (ship) to the UK only - but you never know - I just shipped a 10lb box containing an RC truck to Australia from Louisiana and it only ran me $63 USPS priority.