mtbr member

Where to get patch kit for headwrench?

I'm running out of the glueless patches that come with the lefty headwrench toolkit. They look like 3/4" patches.The closest thing I've found is the Park GP-2C patches and they are too big to fit. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

narCOTIC
    Buy the Park ones and trim them down

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have three headwrenches, but I'm 100% UST. I'll be glad to send you my three patch kits. Just let me know.

By the way, I have three because I keep breaking the chain tool. It doesn't line up quite right and seems to be designed to handle wider (like 8-speed forks). So I over-torque when trying to un-do a link and break the thing.

I just f#$n broke the 3rd one tonight. What a pain. I wish I had a real chain tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba74
    I'm running out of the glueless patches that come with the lefty headwrench toolkit. They look like 3/4" patches.The closest thing I've found is the Park GP-2C patches and they are too big to fit. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

mtbr member
    That would be awesome

I'll send you a PM
    Last edited by Bubba74; 07-26-2008 at 04:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by almontebarnes
    I have three headwrenches, but I'm 100% UST. I'll be glad to send you my three patch kits. Just let me know.

By the way, I have three because I keep breaking the chain tool. It doesn't line up quite right and seems to be designed to handle wider (like 8-speed forks). So I over-torque when trying to un-do a link and break the thing.

I just f#$n broke the 3rd one tonight. What a pain. I wish I had a real chain tool.
    Yeah that is a bad chain tool broke mine after using it 5 times. Get one of these: http://www.parktool.com/products/det...5&item=CT%2D5#

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    Yeah that is a bad chain tool broke mine after using it 5 times. Get one of these: http://www.parktool.com/products/det...5&item=CT%2D5#

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've seen extra patch kits online. Google "Cannondale Prolong" and you'll find a bunch of places selling it.