Cyclovore

Where did the Lefty Max go in 08?

I recently checked Cannodales' site and the Prophet has gone Fox. What a bummer. I own a 05 prophet and was considering a new bike. I love the Prophet chassis and without the Lefty how can I beat the boys with 5lbs of muck stuck to the fork.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

mtbr member
    Cannondale used manitou damping systems in the lefty max and when manitou went under, so did there contract with cannondale. There is supposed to be a new lefty max coming out soon with fox internals.

mtbr member

Coming soon...

The Max was spec'ed out when Hayes bought Manitou and finished business with Cannondale on doing the Leftys with Manitou internals. But the Max will be coming back now, late March, when the new 130 Trail bike is released. The Max will now have 130mm of travel, as well the new frame's rear end. Changes to the new Max also apply to its internals, now Fox-made, and probably with a RLC-type mech, just like the Speed RLC found on the Rush Carbon 2.

You can find more at this thread: New Cannondales to be released soon...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kline
    I recently checked Cannodales' site and the Prophet has gone Fox. What a bummer. I own a 05 prophet and was considering a new bike. I love the Prophet chassis and without the Lefty how can I beat the boys with 5lbs of muck stuck to the fork.
    Why do you want a new prophet?
    I have an 06 and I'm still upgrading. The Mavic Crossmax ST front is on the way.

If you want new, I would wait and see what the 130 bikes are like.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.