mtbr member
    Nov 2009

New question here. Where to buy a lefty?!

Hi all!

I read the forum for a long time, but this is my first post
    My english its not so good, if i wrong something, sorry...

I have a f4 2009, and i want to upgrade it with a carbon lefty...

I am brazilian and the prices here are so mutch expensive oO

A Lefty Carbon SL here its about U$ 2.500,00...

And i dont have this money to buy it

I found some leftys at ebay, but i never win the bind

Someone know where i can buy a lefty with worldwide ship?

It can be a Lefty Carbon RLC 110mm too...

I prefer to buy a used one to be cheaper, but if it have a good price i can buy a new too!

Someone knows some international store to but it? Or other "online shooping" like ebay?!

Thanks a loot for the atention!

Fixin' shocks Day & Night
    Try eBay my friend there are usually a few for sale and most ship worldwide.

Can't stop the Prophet
    They are almowst always on sale at ebay. Why not look into using a "ebay bid sniper" to place your bids. This will ensure that you get your bid in at the last few seconds. They do charge a fee, which is usually 1% of the sale price. Be patient and don't rush, something better will always come along.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Check your PM's.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I am waiting your reply at PMīs!

Thanks for the atention!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brows141
    They are almowst always on sale at ebay. Why not look into using a "ebay bid sniper" to place your bids. This will ensure that you get your bid in at the last few seconds. They do charge a fee, which is usually 1% of the sale price. Be patient and don't rush, something better will always come along.
    rather than wasting time and money with a bullsh*t ebay sniper just do some research for a few weeks on what the average price of what you want to purchase is going for then when your see exactly what you want when it is first listed put in the MAXIMUM you are going to spend.

if you still lose the auction then next time the item you want comes up put in whatever the winning bid was on the one you just lost plus 10% and 99.9% of the time you'll win the auction at a price less than what you bid.

i'm an ebay bottom fisher and one of the best secrets is to look at auctions that end at the beginning of the week mondays and tuesdays and at odd times of the day early morning or late night.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks so mutch for ebays tips guys!!

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    rather than wasting time and money with a bullsh*t ebay sniper just do some research for a few weeks on what the average price of what you want to purchase is going for then when your see exactly what you want when it is first listed put in the MAXIMUM you are going to spend.

if you still lose the auction then next time the item you want comes up put in whatever the winning bid was on the one you just lost plus 10% and 99.9% of the time you'll win the auction at a price less than what you bid.

i'm an ebay bottom fisher and one of the best secrets is to look at auctions that end at the beginning of the week mondays and tuesdays and at odd times of the day early morning or late night.
    Hal very few ebayers allow there "valuable" items to end mid week. They are either listing 10 day auctions starting on Thursday or 7 day starting on Sunday. Either way they the majority of the items end on a Sunday. I am a seasoned ebayer and lately the only way to win an auction is either with the sniper or to wait till the very end of the auction and manually snipe it. Putting in the maximun you want to spend at the begining of the auction gives someone else the opportunity to put in a higher bid. Look I can go into theory but everyone has there own. If your method wins you items then more power to you.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    for a white F4 you need the new 2010 One Piece Upper white alu Lefty

mtbr member
    Putting in the maximun you want to spend at the begining of the auction gives someone else the opportunity to put in a higher bid. Look I can go into theory but everyone has there own. If your method wins you items then more power to you.
    i've been an ebay seller and buyer since 99' did the sniper crap along the way you can sniper all you want because in the end the guy that put in the highest bid in on an item is still gonna be the winner.

i've bought items all across the spectrum from bike tire levers to a rolex submariner watch the secret to ebay is not to get emotional (Feelings <> Reality) about the things your bidding on thats why i research a bit put in my ONE and only highest bid in and let the chips fall where they may.

like i said i'm an ebay bottom feeder and many newbie mistakes are made when they end the auctions mid-week and at odd times any seasoned seller knows not to make this mistake.

I'm still pissed about the guy that reneged last summer on a new dura-ace SRM powermeter that I won for $600 because he was too stupid to realize not to end an auction at 5AM on a saturday with no reserve. He sent me back my money with a weak excuse there was no recourse for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have a black one!

mtbr member
    If you're located in Europe, have a look at http://www.29squadron.com.
    Limited stocks ... (Available in 26" also !)

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    ....................I'm still pissed about the guy that reneged last summer on a new dura-ace SRM powermeter that I won for $600 because he was too stupid to realize not to end an auction at 5AM on a saturday with no reserve. He sent me back my money with a weak excuse there was no recourse for me.

I totally understand your pain dude. I have have had my share of sellers reneging but the worse is people who flat out lie that they have not received an item (ie my xbox 360 with 20 games, 4 controllers, hd etc) and even though I have a signed return receipt paypal refunds them the money.

I am not saying that I am the most honest person in the world but it kills me that people exist who would lie to cheat another person.

Ebay, it's a love hate relationship.
    Last edited by brows141; 03-05-2010 at 05:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks a lot for all! I find my lefty =D

I buy at e-bay a Lefty 2008 SL carbon for U$750!

Was so mutch luck, the seller put it for sale and i buy in 10 min after he offer it at ebay! hehehehe

Sry for bad english!

mtbr member
    I totally understand your pain dude. I have have had my share of sellers reneging but the worse is people who flat out lie that they have not received an item
    always ALWAYS provide a tracking number or delivery confirmation and send them that tracking number or delivery confirmation as soon as you send out the package and copy in your email to yourself of this.

i got burned years ago buy some guy that claimed he never got the package SIX WEEKS after i had sent it out long after i had thrown away the tracking info that proved that he got it just days after i had sent it out. since i didn't keep any email records of this trans action he won the paypal dispute.

people are jerks on ebay i'm still waiting on payment from two items that i sold on ebay last sunday since there is no recourse "negative feedback" buyers now are not paying for items they win i sold my scalpel last november the jerk that won it had plenty of excuses but no money.

i did sell a used pair of mountain khakis pants last sunday for $30 MORE than i paid for them a two years ago so things are not all that bad on eBay

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    selling my lefty fork!