Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Older & Slower

When will I see my 2011 Flash???

So...you know me as the "Worried Guy" by now.

But...when should I see my 2011 Flash Carbon 29er?

I ordered it 4 weeks ago and the rep. said it would be sometime in September...

What say you???

mtbr member
    I'm working on late September/early October as an optimist, mine was ordered 17th July.

I'm in the lucky situation that my current bike is totally awesome ad running like a charm so I'm in no hurry for the Flash. That and I'm waiting on some custom parts for it so even if it arrived tomorrow I wouldn't be riding it.

Mudder
    Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher
    So...you know me as the "Worried Guy" by now.

But...when should I see my 2011 Flash Carbon 29er?

I ordered it 4 weeks ago and the rep. said it would be sometime in September...

What say you???

never

Mudder
    when a rep says "X" amount of weeks you may as well double it. The hard truth

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I ordered one as well, and was told early september at first, but this week was told ship date to the store is October 2nd.

LA CHÈVRE
    Sometimes it comes earlier... They have an estimate of the frame manufacturing timetable but sometimes they have to wait on parts from Shimano, SRAM and others... Completely new frame designs can take a bit longer as sometimes things can happen when they start production so they have to fix a process or something... What specific model did you order?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    We told Cannondale you were having second thoughts about the awesome bike you ordered. They're not happy with your attitude. They're keeping the bike.

mtbr member
    I ordered my 2010 in September of 09 got it middle of January 2010.

bugging the dealer weekly will not get it here faster.

High Alpine Adventure
    Then there's those pesky recalls and the re-engineering... could be a while!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    perhaps he could just get a one size fits all 18" orbea.

High Alpine Adventure
    Or a Spez Stumpy, GF Superfly, Felt, Niner AIR or any one of probably another half dozen carbon 29ers... like I said, jumpin' on the bandwagon.

Ohhh, and the new Orbea's are 16.5", 18.5" and 20.5".... but I know you don't keep up with that!
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat

Ohhh, and the new Orbea's are 16.5", 18.5" and 20.5".... but I know you don't keep up with that!
    like i said inbetweener sizes.

LA CHÈVRE
    Seat tube sizes are irrelevant, the most irrelevant measure of a frame IMO... it's the horizontal top tube length that's important. But I'd still go with the Flash and a Lefty, even with a bit of waiting.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah, it's not like people waited a long time for those carbon Air9's. [/sarcasm]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat
    Or a Spez Stumpy, GF Superfly, Felt, Niner AIR or any one of probably another half dozen carbon 29ers... like I said, jumpin' on the bandwagon.

I wouldn't want any of those bikes except for the Niner if I was looking at 29ers. I'd want the Flash, Scott 949 or a Lynskey/Salsa with BB30 and a Lefty. The Cannondale is a nice bike. It'll be worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I waited 9 weeks for a warranty replacement for my Caffeine 29er and the day after the 4th ride on my new Flash my house burned down, with all 9 of our bikes in the garage

I've ordered a Flash Carbon 2 and a Jekyl 1, not holding my breath for early delivery though.
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate

mtbr member

Ditto here in Colorado.

Ordered carbon flash 29 in July. Cannondale said end of Aug. Now maybe October. We'll post an update as we get updated.
    If you weren't born a thoroughbred, be the fastest donkey you can be! ltrsports.com

Older & Slower
    You guys confirmed my fears...obvious punishment for my "cold feet." Well, it could be worse...I could have nothing to look forward to. It just hurts to hand over the cash and have to sit and wait. At least I have 2 other bikes to ride (in a recession at that).

LA CHÈVRE
    Hand over the cash? Just a deposite I hope.

Older & Slower
    Yep...paid in full. I'm friends with the manager, and a regular at the shop. Call me crazy...I think that's safer than buying a new bike, brand, wheel size without test riding it. I guess I'm breaking all the rules on this purchase...

mtbr member
    as long as you dont have inflated expectations of a 29er hardtail floating over every obstacle and peforming like a 4" full suss (its still a hardtail)... you'll love it. dont worry.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by limba
    I wouldn't want any of those bikes except for the...
    I'm with ya... puttin' my money down on one of these frames... time for an upgrade. And yeah, it'll have a Lefty!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When will I see my 2011 Flash???-1275381285188-1qca6ichm3ioa-950-75.jpg  

Dug-Da-Goat

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    like i said inbetweener sizes.
    I think they call it "metric"...
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    So what exactly is the worst thing that could happen? you get the bike it isn't everything you hoped and prayed for after a few rides and you kick it to eBay.

I got the first 29er flash carbon 1 in Texas last January and had offers from folks to buy it if I somehow didn't dig it right away.

I bought a 03 S-Works epic new when that brain thing had just came out rode the bike hated the on/off sensation and sold it on eBay six weeks later for a tidy profit.

If you don't like the bike it's not the end of the world however once i got used to riding a 29er i'll never go back to 26" bike again.

Older & Slower
    Very good point. I actually sold a few bikes that I wasn't using so I could buy the Flash. But, that's new for me...I'm used to buying a bike and sticking with it for years. Your comments are a good reminder of my ebay/craigslist option...Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast