mtbr member
    Jul 2009

When will 2011 USA models be officially released?

This may sound like a weird question..... but when does C'Dale usually release their USA catalog for the following year? After Interbike ??

I've seen that Specialized has their 2011 models on their website ... When will C'Dale post the US models with MSRP's ??

The reason I'm asking is that the price my LBS is telling me for the FLash Carbon 29er is not matching what everyone else is saying on these boards.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBinRIC
    This may sound like a weird question..... but when does C'Dale usually release their USA catalog for the following year? After Interbike ??

I've seen that Specialized has their 2011 models on their website ... When will C'Dale post the US models with MSRP's ??

The reason I'm asking is that the price my LBS is telling me for the FLash Carbon 29er is not matching what everyone else is saying on these boards.
    It is supposed to be up this week.

LA CHÈVRE
    Yup, any day now. I think they wanted to show the products at Eurobike first and that's this week.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I'm waiting too!....... What about the catalog, is that up?...... Somewhere?...... Euro?

mtbr member
    I've downloaded Cannondale catalogs but some bikes are missing or maybe they're not for North America. I'm sure the website will switch to 2011 in a few days.

LA CHÈVRE
    The euro catalogs have been floating for many weeks already...

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I was at Eurobike today. They had Scalpel 1 and Scalpel 3, plus Flash 29'er 1 and 3. Plus a CFR Fumic bike from Sea Otter. Pedalec's and E bikes were the big thing at Friedrichshaven, I'd say, even for Cannondale.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Saw a SuperX Rival in my shop just delivered today. waiting on my Hi-Mod 1, told the first week of October....

mtbr member
    From what I gather, it sounds like frames are around, most parts are available, and all mountain bikes are "first week of October".

Bet they're waiting on their first shipment of production Si OPI stems...can't think what else is holding up all the mountain bikes, Schwalbe Tubeless Ready maybe?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    man, hoping for a some 160 mm travel bike
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Any clue when the new models will be on their site?
    I can't pass Geof, but I could jump over him to take the win.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Straight from the horse's mouth....

Here is the word from Cannondale:

"Thank you for choosing Cannondale! Our 2011 product line will be available to view on our website www.cannondale.com later this month; catalogues will be available at the Cannondale Retailers at this time as well. In the interim, please consult with your local Cannondale Retailer. Your Retailer should have spec and pricing information available; they receive this information directly thru their Cannondale Sales Rep."

Looks like for some reason they are holding off until after Interbike

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I was inquiring at my shop last night about the delivery date for my Flash 29er, and a teammate asked about his Scalpel Ultimate, and the new "date" is "Late October".

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ybzoc
    I was inquiring at my shop last night about the delivery date for my Flash 29er, and a teammate asked about his Scalpel Ultimate, and the new "date" is "Late October".
    ..and I ordered a Cannondale because Niner kept sliding with the A9C delivery date..

mtbr member
    2011 Bikes are on the website.

Moderator Moderator
    About time !! Now if they could only deliver the bike !!!

mtbr member
    Maybe they were waiting to publish official pricing before charging anyone.

hoping.....hoping.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    My Superx RED will be in my greasy palms this week, it's being built up now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    My Superx RED will be in my greasy palms this week, it's being built up now.
    Nice...you better post pics. CX is close enough to mountain that its permissible.

mtbr member
    Looks like we no longer need brake mounts... Love photoshop. The fork on the CAAD 10 Dura-Ace Black is priceless too. There are also no aluminum 29er's on the site...only carbon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When will 2011 USA models be officially released?-screen-shot-2010-09-21-5.57.04-pm.png  

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Looks like we no longer need brake mounts... Love photoshop. The fork on the CAAD 10 Dura-Ace Black is priceless too. There are also no aluminum 29er's on the site...only carbon.

The fork on the CAAD10 Dura Ace is the actual fork. The CAAD10 forks now have slightly rearward offset dropouts. It does look weird in that photo....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm not understanding the RZ140 getting dropped, at least not completely. I asked at the Cannondale tent at Worlds in Quebec and the guy said there would was still a RZ140 for 2011....maybe he meant RZ120.

It would make more sense if you could buy a completely spec'd out race ready RZ120 but that's not the case. The Scalpel is racier and more purpose built than ever with 80mm of travel.

What is someone supposed to get if they want an all day race worthy bike? A Jekyll ultimate at 8K?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    The fork on the CAAD10 Dura Ace is the actual fork. The CAAD10 forks now have slightly rearward offset dropouts. It does look weird in that photo....
    Yep, it gives the same lateral stiffness but since the fork has a more pronounced curve, it's a bit more shock absorbing. Simple but smart, one of those simple things that we afterward say 'why didn't we think of that before?'.

LA CHÈVRE
    It's not Photoshop, it's Avid's new superlight magnetic mounts!

LA CHÈVRE
    'Dear Santa, I think I've been good this year, please get me a Scalpel Ultimate, SuperX Red but I've been so nice throughout the year that I think you don't have to wait until Christmas Day... And don't throw them into the chimney.'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    I know that, but they forgot to cut the drop out of the digital mock up, so the quick release nut and some other details are absent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When will 2011 USA models be officially released?-screen-shot-2010-09-22-9.25.23-am.png  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    'Dear Santa, I think I've been good this year, please get me a Scalpel Ultimate, SuperX Red but I've been so nice throughout the year that I think you don't have to wait until Christmas Day... And don't throw them into the chimney.'
    Doesn't the cable routing on the Super X bother you? It seems like a huge mistake for such a high tech bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I know that, but they forgot to cut the drop out of the digital mock up, so the quick release nut and some other details are absent.

one piece integration, it's the future!?!

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by limba
    Doesn't the cable routing on the Super X bother you? It seems like a huge mistake for such a high tech bike.
    What's wrong with it? Seems to be pretty much like my CAAD 9 CX and the routing's fine. I'm not a fan of internal cable routing and I prefer downtube routing for a road front derailleur use, no need for pulleys and such and it doesn't need as long cables. Dirt? Mud? Gore Ride-On sealed cables are completely unaffected by that.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 09-22-2010 at 07:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Do you use Gore cables on your current bike? Why don't you like internal routing?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Sould I ignore the pics on website ??

First of all, I'm glad that C'Dale has some 2011 bikes on their site ..... but I'm amazed that many of the pics are not accurately representing the listed specs.

I've have a Flash Carbon 29er 3 on order and was surprised to see a few differences between the Euro catalog that has been out for a while. I'm not thrilled with the Red-ification of the Flash Carbon 3, but at least they didn't do red rims like Specialized

This is the first time I've pre-ordered a bike, so I'm very naive to the process.

The stem in the pic does not show the new curved OPI adjustable stem that is listed in the specs (and in the Euro picture and specs). Are the specs correct or is the pic correct?

Also, the brakes in the pic do not look like the paint scheme for the 2011 Elixir CR. Should I expect 2011 components on the bike or do companies sometimes use older parts to keep costs down ?

Looking forward to the bike, just want to know what to expect.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Doesn't seem to bother Tim Johnson and J-Pow, so I think with my meager level of skill I can live with it.

LA CHÈVRE
    Do you use Gore cables on your current bike? Why don't you like internal routing?
    I built my Scalpel with Gore cables and my cross bike and my SuperSix both came with Gore cables (SRAM road groups come with it now, at least Red does)... Internal cable looks nice but it's much quicker ans simpler to install, change, maintain cables that are outside the frame IMO.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    First of all, I'm glad that C'Dale has some 2011 bikes on their site ..... but I'm amazed that many of the pics are not accurately representing the listed specs.

I've have a Flash Carbon 29er 3 on order and was surprised to see a few differences between the Euro catalog that has been out for a while. I'm not thrilled with the Red-ification of the Flash Carbon 3, but at least they didn't do red rims like Specialized

This is the first time I've pre-ordered a bike, so I'm very naive to the process.

The stem in the pic does not show the new curved OPI adjustable stem that is listed in the specs (and in the Euro picture and specs). Are the specs correct or is the pic correct?

Also, the brakes in the pic do not look like the paint scheme for the 2011 Elixir CR. Should I expect 2011 components on the bike or do companies sometimes use older parts to keep costs down ?

Thanks
    Euro specs and US specs are not always totally in line.

LA CHÈVRE

Thanks
    Those pictures are often done way before the actual bikes even exists so errors and specs can not match if they were done before the final specs are decided... And every year, when they update the website with new products, some errors can slip in.

A guy on a bike Moderator
    I've been using Gore cables since 1994. Perhaps the best upgrade that you can add to your bike! They remain silky smooth through all kinds of horrible conditions, and they never need maintenance. Just make sure that you install them correctly, which can be a little tricky.

mtbr member
    Those pictures are often done way before the actual bikes even exists so errors and specs can not match if they were done before the final specs are decided... And every year, when they update the website with new products, some errors can slip in.
    Yup, thats why this is at the bottom of every spec page:

Quote Originally Posted by Cannondale
    SPECIFICATION CHANGES & UPDATES

We do our best to ensure web content accurately reflects exact product spec. However, as changes occur, there may be brief delays in site updates. We reserve the right to make spec changes to improve products without prior notification, which may cause short-term differences in the information listed on the web.

likes to ride bikes
    What a bore, no full-suspension 29er, yet again. Yawn, back to sleep. Wake me up when Cannondale produces a 29er Scalpel like so many have wanted them to for years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    Doesn't seem to bother Tim Johnson and J-Pow, so I think with my meager level of skill I can live with it.
    Actually if there was/is a problem someone with less skill (us) would have a harder time dealing with it than a pro. Plus if they did have a problem they would just switch to their B bike in the pit.

I built my Scalpel with Gore cables and my cross bike and my SuperSix both came with Gore cables (SRAM road groups come with it now, at least Red does)... Internal cable looks nice but it's much quicker ans simpler to install, change, maintain cables that are outside the frame IMO.
    but the Gore Red cable has a different housing than Gore's own brand? They're not identical? I read that on the weight weenie site.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Actually if there was/is a problem someone with less skill (us) would have a harder time dealing with it than a pro. Plus if they did have a problem they would just switch to their B bike in the pit.

but the Gore Red cable has a different housing than Gore's own brand? They're not identical? I read that on the weight weenie site.
    Each to his own, you obviously spend more time worrying about this sort of stuff than I do.

LA CHÈVRE
    The SRAM Red cables are the exact same cables as the Gore Professional system if I recall. There is even Gore logos on them. They're not the fully sealed ones but I have the stock set on my cross bike, they have seen lots of rain, mud, sand, snow, ice, salt for a few seasons with the same routing as the SuperX and they still shift nicely. The sealed ones will stay perfect even longer.

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Anyone notice the price on the HiMod Red Super Six? 4-something USD, I guess the wife is going to "make the leap".
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1
    Anyone notice the price on the HiMod Red Super Six? 4-something USD, I guess the wife is going to "make the leap".
    First one I noticed. It'll probably sell well and be one of those you have to wait 6 months for.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos
    First one I noticed. It'll probably sell well and be one of those you have to wait 6 months for.
    It's basically the same as my 2010 SuperSix 2 except it now has the HiMod frame. It's a pretty good value, even more now with the upgraded frame. The wheels and cockpit parts are a bit boring but are nice places for upgrades, mine easily dropped under the UCI weight limit... I love that bike!

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I just don't get how the Red version can be $2k less than the Dura-Ace one.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1
    I just don't get how the Red version can be $2k less than the Dura-Ace one.
    Is the DA really 2000$ more or are you refering to the Di2? Because if so, I don't get it either. The DA model, apart from the Hollowgram SL (they include both standard and compact rings and spiders too) and the wheels that are marginally more expensive, is a downgrade IMO.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just picked up a 2011 catalog from my LBS.

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is the DA really 2000$ more or are you refering to the Di2? Because if so, I don't get it either. The DA model, apart from the Hollowgram SL (they include both standard and compact rings and spiders too) and the wheels that are marginally more expensive, is a downgrade IMO.

$6,899 USD for the Dura-ace, and $4,899 for Red, and yes you don't get a Hollowgram with the Red bike. $9,099 for Di2..., I wanna get my wife a Felt F1 with Di2 but the Red Hi-Mod is so cheap I may go that way.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser