Thread: Whats it worth?

mtbr member

Whats it worth?

My roommate in Fairborne has had some bikes at his parents house for sale for a LONG time, he's bounced them on and off ebay a couple times (he had 84 watchers and no bidders on the F1000), hell I even posted them here for him hoping to get a nibble. So the question is...are they ludicrously overpriced? I mean I understand the economy is bad but he has had these up since like April, and not a nibble....

There''s an F1000 woody (XL) he's asking $1100-$1300 for, a NOS F900sx $700, and $500 for a '99 (small tab) Super V400 (which! I might add, was my old UberV before I sold to him....for $600) he stripped the shock and put it up for sale. I know he paid $650 for the F900sx ( I watched him pay the lady) and the F1000 he bought new before we met. has it been a slow year for bike sales? what gives?

I'm asking cause I'm tired of him bugging me (NOT a Hardtail guy!) so shoot me some info and I'm gonna go back the the apartment Monday morning and act like I wrote the book

I'd link to the C's list add but I don't want my post taken down. If you interested....I can only tell you his parents live outside of Cincinnati. (dear admin if it is kosher to link to the ad let me know)

What are reasonable prices on these? he needs to move them before the holidays. he asks me every other week and i don't even know where to start (the wood painted F1000? I''d never even heard of them before...and I've only seen one since (on a restaurant wall in AZ) Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Cincinnati winter + buyer's market + old Cannondale hardtails no one is buying = overpriced unfortunately.

FWIW, SuperV's go for a few hundred and are everywhere on craigslist where I am, I sold a F900 a few years back for ~$500 after no interest, the F1000 is mostly an interest piece and I'd say ~$700-900 to the right buyer just for the cool dip tank decal work.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input! (didn't realize I'd stuck him that hard on the V) I told him to strip the lefty's and E-bay them. Breaking up the bikes. I think there are a lot of $20 bills worth parts that would be easier to move than the whole bike...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The XL size is also a factor, the market is bigger for medium and large sizes. He is also competing with the deals on new bikes that are out there.

He might want to try listing with a low starting bid and set a reserve, this will entice people to bid which may result in a sale or at least he can see where the bidding stops so he has an idea of what the ebay audience is willing to pay.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I need the fork off that bike! Really, I do......

I see it's listed on eBay currently. I'd happily buy the whole thing and deal with the rest of the parts myself.

If your buddy would be willing to take less than $750, have him contact me with his lowest price, and he can consider it sold.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    a local pawn broker gave him a signed offer certificate for $750 CASH that holds until Dec/30 and should that fall through$700 is the standing offer from one of the guys in our building...you'd be better off making him an offer on just the fork.

okim82c55a.20212b05@gmail.com
    is the Gmail account we use for C'sList and other online contacts...Shoot him an Email with his name (Kooper) in the subject line. He checks it about twice day

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by leshaghal View Post
    a local pawn broker gave him a signed offer certificate for $750 CASH that holds until Dec/30 and should that fall through$700 is the standing offer from one of the guys in our building...you'd be better off making him an offer on just the fork.

okim82c55a.20212b05@gmail.com
    is the Gmail account we use for C'sList and other online contacts...Shoot him an Email with his name (Kooper) in the subject line. He checks it about twice day
    Thanks, will do.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well if anyone is interested in my RZ120, it too is for sale, and just about perfect with a ton of excellent upgrades...
    PM me for info! Or check out my gallery, there are a few pics of it on there as well... I'll be putting it up on the MTBR classifieds soon, but thought I'd at least throw it out there for the serious C-Dale fans first...