mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Whats new for 2008?

So any news on the new range of 2008 mtb's? Whats replacing the scalpel for 2008? Somebody must have some news!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventuregs
    So any news on the new range of 2008 mtb's? Whats replacing the scalpel for 2008? Somebody must have some news!!
    Most probably the Scalpel will go that way: http://www.cannondalecommunity.com/e...sp?item=240656
    But to be honnest I'm just guessing.

Music & Bikes
    Very happy to see that is still 5 bolts chainrings out ther.
    Love that 44/29 combo !
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    don't be happy to soon.
    5-bolt is not awailable any more, not triple, nor double.
    and I doubt the scalpel is going six13.

many posts about that already...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

The future of racing for Cannondale......pics

(the bike of course, not me )

My first race on the F29: TT at PLRA in Michigan

The race was won on a 29er, unfortunatley it wasn't me. Quite a few big wheels in the top ten. Michigan is totally turning into a 29er state. You can't swing a stick anymore without hitting one!

The F29 with the Lefty is plush, sub 21lb with Nanos. A buddy of mine has an identical rig and loves it. The race went well. I arrived late and started without a warm up and my spectacles . I'll plan better next time.

I've heard that 08 will bring an F29 with a carbon Lefty and upgraded parts spec.

LA CHÈVRE
    It would be nice to see a higher end 29er dale... I would, maybe, be tempted by a light SS 29er by Cannondale... would have to try one first, I have yet to see a 29er bike up here, from Cannondale or something else, only a shop owner I know told me he had a Fisher 29er (he sells mostly Fishers, no Cannondales...).

But with Mavic introducing a 29er Crossmax that is UST (I'm not touching tubes again), seems the future of big wheels is bright.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 04-18-2007 at 01:57 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    From what I heard was that there its a new scalpel coming out for 2008, not a carbon one, but it will have more travel in the rear and the chainstay will also change........

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    and yes, headshock ultra carbon and a super systemsix. the scalpel would either evolve to the six13 one or more as a rush with less travel from what i've understood frim reading the posts in here.

LA CHÈVRE
    I thought the Scalpel replacement would still use some sort of flexing carbon somewhere in the rear end... We'll see in a few months I guess.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Scalpel Replacement

Hi,

I am from Belgium and in Houffalize the cannondale team had the Scalpel replacement prototype with them. I did not see the bike, the person who saw it did not have a camera but the discription is the following:

The front triangle was now ALU but rumors say it is going to be like the System Six, with the down tube, head tube and headset in Carbon.

The bootom bracket would still be in ALU, the seat tube ???

The chainstays were still the same as the ols scalpel, in flexing carbon. No joints were noticable near the bottom bracket. The seat stays went over the seat tube (like rush) and the damper was mounted under the head tube (also like the rush) but a 'doggy bone' of about 12 cm is used. So there are two connection points under the head tube. One for the damper and one for the doggy bone. The seat stays are the connected to the lower part of the doggy bone and the damper in the middle of the doggy bone.

If you have a look at the Scott spark, it has the same suspension setup. So the new scalpel would be a mix of

System Six
    Rush
    Current Scalpel

This setup would give the new scalpel more travel.

Rumors here say that the front triangle would definitely be in system six edition, chainstays still in carbon als old scalpel, seatstays also in carbon with ALU inserts where the connection is to the doggy bone, a bottom bracket in ALU and the seattube??? (most likely still alu).

Rumors say also that on the second world cup race some riders would actually be riding the prototype. Keep your eyes open and cameras ready!!!!!!!