mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Whats the dumbest thing you've done on your bike

Well, speaking for myself, on my way to work today, i'd just pulled off the road onto the path (sidewalk) as i was coming to a very busy roundabout (erm...) now in my defence ive never used SPD pedals before, anyway, as i pulled off i had to stop. As i stopped i tried to put my foot down, forgetting i was clipped in, and hands still on risers, i fell sideways. Yep, you heard it here first, now im sat here typing with one hand as the other (which broke my fall) is swollen more than a fatty, so cant go riding tomorrow, unless i go one handed........ watch out for another installment tomorrow then!

Anybody else?

Are you talking to me?

That will happen to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzlerdee
    Well, speaking for myself, on my way to work today, i'd just pulled off the road onto the path (sidewalk) as i was coming to a very busy roundabout (erm...) now in my defence ive never used SPD pedals before, anyway, as i pulled off i had to stop. As i stopped i tried to put my foot down, forgetting i was clipped in, and hands still on risers, i fell sideways. Yep, you heard it here first, now im sat here typing with one hand as the other (which broke my fall) is swollen more than a fatty, so cant go riding tomorrow, unless i go one handed........ watch out for another installment tomorrow then!

Anybody else?
    anyone going to clipless has done that. Usually in front of 20 or more witnesses.
    gfy

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    anyone going to clipless has done that. Usually in front of 20 or more witnesses.
    Yep, and not just once. Heck last spring, on one of my first rides of the season, I was pulling back into the parking lot at rides end, swooped up to the back of my car at a good clip, hit the brakes hard, and you guessed it, my foot would not come out of the pedal. At the last second, I freed my foot and caught myself with bike and shoulder about 1' off the ground - and I've been riding clipless since '92. I'm sure those in the parking lot were thinking, what a newb/poser.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815