mtbr member
    Aug 2010

"What's this bike worth?" (F500 with xtras)

Sorry these pics are so terrible. I'm usually a stickler for photography but I was in a dark room with an iPhone.

Shimano Deore XT crankset, rear,............expert handlebars, few other goodies. Looking to buy it locally and need an estimate of it's value so I know what to offer.

Throw me some numbers please.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    PS- frame appears to be a 1997.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    As the the current owner made a big effort to improve its saleability...$200 bucks ,judging by the state of the fork boot , it looks like the Headshok might have some issues, plus you need to source some pedals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thank you. The bike sale is "under offers" in an auction style and it can be had at this moment for $100 cash and carry. I figured the extras alone were worth that, and I've not ridden this style of bike before so I may have been on a bike in some form or another all my life, but I'd still be a newb about mountain bikes therefore make this "my first one" and I think I might be able to spring $100 for this one, ya think?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by one1
    Thank you. The bike sale is "under offers" in an auction style and it can be had at this moment for $100 cash and carry. I figured the extras alone were worth that, and I've not ridden this style of bike before so I may have been on a bike in some form or another all my life, but I'd still be a newb about mountain bikes therefore make this "my first one" and I think I might be able to spring $100 for this one, ya think?
    $100 is even better.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    $100 is even better.
    +1
    IF it is your size....Plus take into account the headshock...IF it does need attention and IF parts are still available I would GUESS you'd be looking at $100 or more for that.
    Resident headshock experts might chime in here.

CDT

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've never had a front shock so I don't know what it is supposed to feel like, but it's a little spongy. The bike is now at $75 and I'm thinking about pouncing on it. I can probably part it out and make more if I decide not to ride it.