Out riding my Scalpel

What UST tires do you have and like?

I'm looking for a new set of UST tires and want takes on what ones are easy to mount and easy to take off. I've been running michelins XL S this past season. It's time for a change. I want a tire that will kick butt on my Jekyll 1000. Tips PLEASE. IRC Mythos XC 2 tubeless UST is what I'm leaning towards. By the way I live in the state of Washington.
    Last edited by subzero; 09-08-2004 at 12:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I'm looking for a new set of UST tires and want takes on what ones are easy to mount and easy to take off. I've been running michelins XL S this past season. It's time for a change. I want a tire that will kick butt on my Jekyll 1000. Tips PLEASE. IRC Mythos XC 2 tubeless UST is what I'm leaning towards. By the way I live in the state of Washington.
    I've been using Hutchies - Scorpions and Python. Scorpion is a joke, that tire last for about 2 months before I brushed off the compound. Python is pretty good for summer, but it has almost no traction on anything but hardpack. Now I'm using Ritchey Z-Max Millenium and it really kicks ass. It's rolling fast, has good stability in the corners and overal it's pretty good. (I have been fan of Z-Max series long before going the UST way)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have the IRC Mythos 2 for 4 months now and like them a lot. I have been using Hutchinson Python since I swapped to tubeless because the IRC's weren't available yet.

The only downside is that they are very difficult to mount. could not mount them allone on the wheel (cmax SL) So I hope I never have a flat on the trail

rgds,

Marc

Out riding my Scalpel
    I made my choice and went with the Panaracer Fire XC UST 2.1 tire. I've read good things about them and hope they work well for me on my Jeykll 1000. I think I made a good choice. I was going to get the IRC Mythos, but I was told their very hard to mount. I don't need that. Thanks for the replies as well. Ride on!
    Last edited by subzero; 09-08-2004 at 10:18 PM.