mtbr member
    Feb 2008

what size prophet 3z?

I'm looking at a 2007 Prophet 3z in a size Large. I'm 6'2" 220. I have stood over the bike but have not had a chance to ride it due to weather. Would the large be to small? Thanks for the advice.

KM

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm right at 6' and the Large feels a little on the big side, so I'd say it's fine unless you like a real stretched xc-feel. If you like to toss the bike around, the L will most likely be perfect for you

mtbr member
    LOL, I am 6 foor 2 inches and 220 (give or take a pound or 2) I had a heck of a time with the Prophet finally deciding the large with a 20 degree rise stem was perfect, getting my weight up and back a bit really made a huge difference!

I ride over stuff at lower speed vs. around stuff at high speed I could see where on smoother turf for longer rides where an XL could be preferred by some.

The Prohet was my first real mountain bike and had no idea how much of a huge difference stem length and suspension set up would make on the "size" of the bike, play around with set up before you decide.

a couple good threads

Prophet sizing
    I need honest help, might not like Cannondale.

regards
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by yeowzer
    I'm looking at a 2007 Prophet 3z in a size Large. I'm 6'2" 220. I have stood over the bike but have not had a chance to ride it due to weather. Would the large be to small? Thanks for the advice.

KM
    Last edited by Ray Lee; 03-07-2008 at 10:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Great info. I appreciate it.

KM

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 6' and 185. I have a large and love it. I had the bike fitted (stem lenght, saddle postion, bike fitting system etc.) at the shop and the large is the right size for me. You should try an XL. The L may fit as well but on the longer XC rides, you could end up wishing you had bought the XL. Try both if possible. The prophet is a great bike. Good luck !

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Get out and ride the bike and decide for yourself. Everybody has different body types, and everybody has a different idea of what things should feel like. I'm under six foot and ride a large, I have a 30" inseam and longer arms so it fits. When people just say their height and what size they ride it doesn't really mean that much.

mtbr member
    Very true, as I said I am 6'2 but more leg, the hard part for me is that the "test ride" is a on flat cement and honestly I would have a hard time telling a medium from a large or a Rush from Perp a

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    Get out and ride the bike and decide for yourself. Everybody has different body types, and everybody has a different idea of what things should feel like. I'm under six foot and ride a large, I have a 30" inseam and longer arms so it fits. When people just say their height and what size they ride it doesn't really mean that much.