mtbr member
    Jun 2006

What shock are you Gemini owners running?

I just bought a lightly used 2006 Gemini 900 and I've just noticed that the previous owner had put on a Marzocchi Roco RC. Last year's Roco didn't come in the 7.875"x2.25" size, so the bike has a 7.875"x2.0" shock on it. Since the eye to eye is the same the geometry is ok correct? I'm just losing out on around 0.75" of travel right? I also noticed that after I switched the shock into the 170mm travel hole on the swingarm (without flipping it over) that the resevoir on the Roco has scratched the frame. I've since flipped the shock over so the resevoir is on the top, but it still looks like it can get close enough to scratch, but nothing's happened yet. What shock is everyone else running? Anybody else have issues with their shock hitting the frame? Any shocks to specifically avoid? Or was it just my own stupidity/lack of knowledge that resulted in my scratched frame? The pic shows what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not that anyone cares but I've found an '07 Fox Dhx 5.0 in the proper eye to eye and stroke so I'm gonna go for it. It seems like other people are using this shock on their frames so I'm pretty stoked for it, it'll be nice to have propedal for those climbs as well.

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

I care

I have not responded because I am waiting for a 2005 Gem 900 I got on ebay to arrive- not sure which shock is on it. But make no mistake: I care.
    Actually I abhor cycling- I just like wearing tight shorts

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    running the original Vanilla RC that came on my 03, reckoned to be one of the best shock ever (not interested in anti-bob systems), whats the point in changing it.

mtbr member
    Check the manual on Cannodales web site it shows how to mount different kind of shocks for different frame sizes.
    http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...plement_en.pdf

And of course we care we are just busy riding.

not really a noob
    how does the roco make the gemini feel? big improvement?

get a remote resivoir shock
    [SIZE=1]I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD[/SIZE]

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007
    So my bike got here, it has a Vanilla R & I LOVE it(the entire package; nothing/everything stands out). I want to ride it NOW.
    Actually I abhor cycling- I just like wearing tight shorts

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005
    05 Gemini 900

Running a 06 DHX Air 5.0
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

nocturnal oblivion
    Easy answer! Mount the shock without the coil and put rebound/compression so you can move it by hand, run the shock through it's travel (by hand on the swingarm) and watch for contact at full compression (add a little for bump-stop compressing). As for the shock's travel, travel is all you're losing, the eye-eye is normal, if eye-eye were less then you'd damage the shock over time.

Been running stock vanilla rc on 02 gemini 1000, now in for the race package at PUSH industries, I hadn't rebuilt the vanilla in 5 years so...it blew out...will come back new and improved, will let everyone know, I'm sure. On paper it's a hell of an upgrade