mtbr member
    Jul 2007

What rear air shock for FR performance on a prophet

Hi,

Im thinking of switching the Fox Float R shock on my Prophet to something with better performance and less fixed platform damping.

What do you guys think about a Roco Air WC or a Fox DHX air 5.0? How does the RS Monarch perform?
    Swedish trail/AM/Enduro/DH-rider - Currently rides Spitfire V2 & Devinci Wilson SL. Spending the summer 2013 in Whistler, BC.

got the dhr...
    I would go for the dhx air, or go for a manitou evolver....

THELAND photographer
    Go with the DHX air 5.0

ive had one for about 6 months and LOVE it

great for both XC and FR(ish stuff since its not really a FR bike)

the bottom out resistance thing is fantastic it totally ramps up near the end of its travel and is super adjustable...almost to the point of being over adjustable if possible. but bottom line is for just under a pound you cant beat t he performace of the shock

mtbr member
    I'd second the Fox DHX 5.0 Air.

The Prophet 1 MX came with it stock, and is a beefier Prophet than today's offerings. Works pretty well on that frame. One of the coil spring versions should work too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I went with an '09 DHX air 5.0 about 2 months ago and love it too! I had a Manitou swinger 3 way which I thought was pretty nice then made the switch. Love it. Guys - what are your settings? I go pretty much all the way in on the reservoir to ramp up the bottoming resistance and that works well. I use my body weight in the main chamber and 175 psi in the reservoir.
    2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race
    2009 Lefty-Equipped Titus Motolite

Members who have read this thread: 0