mtbr member

What Lefty came with the 07 Prophet 5's?

I have downloaded the manual but its for the Lefty Max 140 SVP, TPC and FFD.

I thought the 2007 Prophet 5's came with the Lefty Max 140 FFD but now I am not sure, anyway I am 220 pounds and need a heavier spring but its either the BLACK or BROWN for my weight depending on what fork I actually have.

This is the link to the 2007 Cannondale Prophet 5 page, it just says Lefty MAX Fluid-Flow 140mm
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/07/c...odel-7VE5.html

thanks for helping me with a stupid question

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    FFD

I was also 220 lbs. and went with the brown spring, same bike. Worked out perfectly, if not a little stiff, which I like. I'm now about 200 lbs. and it still feels good, it may have even lossened up a little. The factory spring was a noodle in comparison.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I am looking forward to getting the stiffer spring, the stock one made it feel soft like a Lincoln Town Car, when things got ruff and the front end compressed I felt like most of my weight was shifted forward over the front axle.

Any tips you can offer for setting the bike up for a big (soon to be smaller) rider would be great

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Just set the preload on the front suspension correctly, 1/4-1/3 of the total as per the manual and air up the shock to about your weight and ride. Play with the rebound control and see what feels good to you.