mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Is this what I think it is!?!?! :0(

This is my 2k12 flash 29'r1 today while cleaning the seat post I noticed this hairline crack ( I think) should I be worried about this??? Should I start the warranty process!? I've never had to deal with anything like this so any help would be GREATLY appreciated !

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    start a warranty claim with your dealer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Goddddddammmmit...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If your LBS is good, it is not too painful. Good Luck.

Nor­wegr
    I'm sorry for your impending loss
    Since my frame is secondhand, but nib I will be dead in the water if/when it fails. Luckily my insurance company is willing to insure the bike for a reasonable cost.

Just Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by rz79 View Post
    Goddddddammmmit...
    Or ride it and see what happens. THEN do the warranty thing. Your choice.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

'Tis but a scratch

^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Hill_Lover View Post
    If your LBS is good, it is not too painful. Good Luck.
    I just broke my 2nd swing-arm on my 2011 Giant. It broke in exact same place as last time, 3 months later. That suggests a product design issue to me. But, the LBS got me fixed in a week the last time and they are working it through Giant right now for possible frame upgrade. That story is not completely written yet, but the LBS has acted on my behalf with the MFG.

I feel they have a lot more influence on the MFG than I would as an individual. I would say that the bigger the LBS and the more Cannondale bikes they turn, the more influence they will have on getting Cannondale to do the right thing.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    on htis case there┤s no insurance problem. just report it immediatly to your local LBS and you┤ll receive a new frame. i wouldn┤t use it anymore. if it breaks cannondale can claim that it was a car incident or so and not give you a new frame

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Well the bike is at a LBS that I have no history with BUT I did leave feeling positive about this crappy situation.
    Basically the shop is new to having cannondale and stated that they have a great relationship with their rep and seemed very proactive on getting my situation resolved.
    It just sucks that its the end of the season and we are having beautiful weather and I am now without a bike.
    I guess I'm still in shock that this happened as I'm not a big air jump stuff guy who only rides Chicagoland Xc so you know the terrain isn't that harsh. Sigh... Now to hear the "crack'n'fail " jokes from my riding buddies with their steel beasts. Ugh.

Nor­wegr
    How did this end up?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Well after having to take the bike to the shop I bought it from ( long story, I got the bike @ cost because my cousin worked at a shop and they hooked me up, but since I did t have a receipt the LBS I went to originally couldn't help me without charging for dis & re assembly ) had it for about 10 days when they called me and said the 2013 f29 frames were B/o'd until Nov. That was a bummer, then the next day they called and said the new frame was about a week away! I guess c-dale found one, lol! Then three days later they called me and told me it was ready!
    All Warrantied all taken care of! The color scheme is totally differnt ( flat black green& white) so my wheels saddle grips and bars don't match but hey, just gives me something to do of the winter!