mtbr member
    May 2006

What Happened to Me Nut? (Main Pivot Nut)

Hey All,

I currently am riding an 06 Prophet team 4X setup for AM use. I raced it this last weekend at Firestone DH and Super D, one race after the other. On the way home I hear something ping off my roof of my car and stop to see if I can find what it was, and no dice. Tuesday night, I pull apart the BB and crankset to service it/remove Blackspire stinger (POS), and notice that I am missing the main pivot thru-axle nut. I would have figured that this would have been lock-tite'd from the factory for safety reasons, but nonetheless, its gone.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into what the metric size and pitch is of the axle so I can go purchase a nut from a specialty hardware store, or of a better way to get the piece. My Local dealer is wanting me to buy the entire overhaul kit for the pivot, which is retarded. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Colin

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    It's a pretty special nut, not saying you cant find it, but finding one that is really a good substitute may prove more annoying than just getting a new bolt kit. Not too sure if that's what you're referring to by pivot overhaul kit, but a bolt and nut are able to be purchased as a kit. If you do go the hardware store way, why not just bring the bolt with you?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I figured out that it is an M15x1.5 bolt and therefore is not available from....anywhere. Im waiting on my LBS to get the kit, which as mendon stated, comes in a kit with the bolt, nut and 2 bearing spacers. Still more than I would like to buy, but whatever! Also, manual definitely shows using locktite, however there was none to be found on the build from the factory.