mtbr member
    Apr 2006

What to do with unused 2006 RUSH Team Replica

I purchased this bike new in June. Have not ridden due to injury and can't until next year. Winter's coming anyway in New England. Undecided what to do now. Sell entire bike and buy "07, sell just fork and go with new Carbon SL, or just keep bike as is and ride in the Spring. I understand I'll lose some money, but prohibitively so? How's the market for these things? Maybe new bike or fork wouldn't really even be an upgrade. Any thoughts? I know you guys always have plenty of great opinions. Thanks.

Always Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyh3
    I purchased this bike new in June. Have not ridden due to injury and can't until next year. Winter's coming anyway in New England. Undecided what to do now. Sell entire bike and buy "07, sell just fork and go with new Carbon SL, or just keep bike as is and ride in the Spring. I understand I'll lose some money, but prohibitively so? How's the market for these things? Maybe new bike or fork wouldn't really even be an upgrade. Any thoughts? I know you guys always have plenty of great opinions. Thanks.
    Tipically second hand bikes go for 40% less than retail, example your replica retail is $5500 you can sell for $3300

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Just keep it as is. I have a Prophet in New England and had Carbon Rush Envy the other day. That was until I didn't make a climb and bashed my frame off a jagged rock. Not sure how a carbon frame would have handled it, but the alum just got scratched. The only upgrade you should make is to get the one piece stem/steer combo for $100.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Have not ridden due to injury and can't until next year. ...Maybe new bike or fork wouldn't really even be an upgrade.
    What are you hoping to improve by going to something new? I would think that question might be difficult to answer given the first part of the quote above. I'd agree with the second part of the quote and just wait until you've actually ridden the bike to determine if there are things you'd like to change. Of course if you have a huge settlement from your injury and just like to have the latest and greatest to post pictures of in the "Post your xyz" threads then by all means you should get the carbon SL, some I9 wheels in at least a 4 color fade and that gold plated saddle from Interbike.

mtbr member

Smile

you have an awesome bike, keep it and ride it when you are over your injury. No reason to go take a loss on selling your bike and getting a new one when you aren't able to ride anyway.

Recover from your injury and ride the bike you have, its an awesome machine, there is nothing to gain by switching over to a newer rig.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just send it to me and rest assured I will take care of the rest. Good luck recovering from that injury.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    IF you are going to sell it and take the lost why not just wait till spring and ride the h*ll of the 06 Rush. If you got money to burn it'll help you decide what to get. Just my 2 cents.